Tim in NYLast year, a crew of music-loving British documentary filmmakers joined Tim as he hosted town hall meetings and hit open mic nights across the country. The first of these episodes has just premiered on their website DigForFire. It’s set in New York City.
They have a whole collection of cool live music videos as well. Check ’em out.
Dig,
Kevin

Comments

1. Paul
    November 25, 2008 at 7:08am
    This is an incredible piece where Tim provides insight into his philosophy behind Pandora. Well worth a watch. Hey Tim: Why don't you create an "Open Mic" station by genre? Also, we just got your "signature series" squeezebox, very cool.
  2. chippendales
    November 25, 2008 at 11:35am
    Good blog ! I like Emilie
  3. jonathon
    November 25, 2008 at 11:04pm
    I really love the idea of Pandora, but I'm sad that everytime I use it I only get to hear a song or two and then it freezes up and says they're having technical difficulty. Please work out the bugs! This is the best internet idea in a long time. It will be amazing when everything works smoothly.
  4. Big Bird
    November 26, 2008 at 1:16am
    I really love pandora.After you hav an mp4 for about 3 years, you get bored with it. Now if I want, i can just choose another artist.Thanx 2 kevin, i can also do a little research on the artist(s).At least we dont have to spend an eternity downloading limewire, or pay for bearshare.and search up a SINGLE song.Any other site I use gives ALL artists under that name.unfortenetly I can only listen to 2 or 3 songs before it says its havin tech problems as well.Some times it'll say that a certain artist does not exist.(Chevelle)If you guys can work those 2 kinks out....then that would be even more GROOLER!!! see yahh!!
  5. Kevin Seal
    November 26, 2008 at 9:33am
    Thanks, guys -- Hi Paul, I'm actually not sure how we'd make an "Open Mic" station. There's nothing in each song's analysis to indicate that the artist is an open-mic performer... Hi Big Bird, Weird that it sometimes shows that we don't have Chevelle. We have Chevelle! Here's their profile page: http://www.pandora.com/music/artist/chevelle If that happens again, could you let tech support know about it? They are pandora-support@pandora.com. Thanks for listening, and happy Thanksgiving, y'all, Kevin
  6. steven
    November 26, 2008 at 7:01pm
    i do not whent this
  7. diana
    November 26, 2008 at 10:36pm
    here is a song that you should add to your database I Wanna Be Rich by Calloway Please please please thank you
  8. Roman
    November 27, 2008 at 9:34am
    Offtopic, but... It seems like latest pandora is streaming at 64kbps. Is it correct?
  9. Roland
    November 27, 2008 at 12:54pm
    COOL BLOG! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THE PANDORA STAFF AND THANKS FOR THE FOUR YEARS THAT I HAVE ENJOYED PANDORA.
  10. Kevin Seal
    November 28, 2008 at 1:28pm
    @Diana -- I will send your comment to suggest-music@pandora. That address is best for all song and artist recommendations. Thanks for the tip. @Roman -- Are you on a desktop? If so, you're getting 128kbps. If you're on a mobile device, such as an iPhone, and you aren't in a solid coverage area, you might be getting 64kbps. What are you listening on? @Roland -- Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )