The “Musicology Show” is back, with a new show about jazz drumming. Pandora music analyst Jeff Anthony pulls back the curtain on our jazz genome to show us the signature styles of Elvin Jones, Tony Williams and “Philly Joe” Jones — arguably three of the greatest drummers who ever picked up sticks.

This show was edited and recorded by Tyler Brown at Bellboy Recording, a studio that has served as home to many fine Bay Area jazz recordings.

As always, it’s free to subscribe to “The Musicology Show” in iTunes or in any other feedcatcher (Google Reader, Juice, etc.)

Just scroll down on the main podcast page to hear those 50 earlier episodes, or jump straight to the category pages for Composition, Styles, Singing, Instruments and Rhythm.

Comments

1. Charles DAmico
    January 27, 2010 at 1:43pm
    Tim Pandora is so awesome. A friend told me about Pandora & I am glad she did. I know listen to Pandora when I am online. It is so easy to navigate through & find all my favorite Artist & songs. Thank you for creating Pandora. From,\ Charles DAmico 845-240-2960 www.charliesonlinemall.blogspot.com
  2. musicmo
    January 29, 2010 at 6:20pm
    wow this is a great site, Pandora is awesome, it is very accommodating site pandora is the best, thank you for creating pandora. it's the best
  3. shara
    January 30, 2010 at 2:03am
    Wow that was awesome!Keep it up!
  4. Keith W
    January 30, 2010 at 10:55am
    Hi Pandora, Since you don't have a contact us page, I'll leave a comment here. Pandora won't connect to my Roku player anymore, which is a real shame. Not sure why it's not working, and since there is zero documentation on anybody's site, it's kind of a lose-lose situation for everyone. Please put up some documentation, because I hear LastFM will connect to a Roku player soon as well.
  5. linda
    January 31, 2010 at 10:41am
    Just got Pandora on my cell phone, & in trying to find my favorite band I inadvertently got children's music- how do I get RID of it?!! Also is it possible to search for music by genre?
  6. charls mick
    February 01, 2010 at 12:52am
    While i read your blog "Secret Insights into the world of Jazz Drumming" i have many question in my mind but i not found the contact page .BUT Thanks for commenting....
  7. Joe Markel
    February 02, 2010 at 5:06am
    My wife is always singing the praises of Pandora. A few months back they were not going to offer it free anymore but then they changed their mind. After listening a few days, I would say it rocks!
  8. Lukas Stys
    February 03, 2010 at 2:20am
    God I love jazz and everything that is linked to it. I love Pandora and I'am always singing some praises of it.
  9. Kevin Seal
    February 03, 2010 at 3:34pm
    @Keith W -- I sent your question to support@pandora.com, and they contacted to figure out what's up with that. We should get it cleared up in no time if it's not already. @Linda -- Yes! We have a bunch of genre stations on our front page, just below the tuner, and these are also searchable: http://www.pandora.com/#/extras/genres . As for how to get rid of children's music, that's another support question, which they responded directly to you about... @Joe and @Lukas -- thanks, eh! here's to having more jazz in the world.
  10. The Pud Man
    February 06, 2010 at 10:31pm
    Im having a blast listening to MY music thanks a million.