The fine engineers over at Facebook have done something pretty neat. You can now “import” all your Pandora activity (station creation, bookmarked songs and artists) into your Facebook news feed.
Setting it up couldn’t be simpler — just visit your Facebook profile page and click the “import” link at the top of the Mini-Feed section, select Pandora, enter the email address you used when you registered with Pandora and Facebook will fetch your most recent station creations as well as your recent bookmarks and add them to your mini-feed. Better still, from that point on, any time you create a station or bookmark something on Pandora those events will automatically be added to your mini-feed also. It’s a great way to keep your Facebook friends up to date on your latest musical discoveries.
We feel pretty lucky to be included in the very short list of sites that Facebook is choosing to integrate directly into the mini-feed. Thanks Facebook!

Comments

1. Casey
    April 17, 2009 at 8:17am
    I've added the Pandora application as well as added it in the "settings" panel on my profile of Facebook and I'm not getting any feed stories. Is this supposed to work?
  2. 2wisted
    April 18, 2009 at 5:26pm
    I followed the instructions also and it now says, "importing from external sites failed. Please try again later." Is this going to work? I want it to update my feed with what I'm listening to. I like that idea...
  3. metoo
    May 24, 2009 at 3:11pm
    >>I followed the instructions also and it now says, "importing from >>external sites failed. Please try again later." >>Is this going to work? I want it to update my feed with what I'm >>listening to. I like that idea... Ditto this exact same situation and sentiment! Please tell us how to make this happen!
  4. Brett
    May 28, 2009 at 6:05pm
    Is there any way to show what song I am currently listening to on Pandora. I would love to share the specific song on my site some how. Can this be done?
  5. Joshua
    October 29, 2009 at 7:35pm
    I like the whole facebook/twitter integration. The only issue I have is that most of these features take a LONG time to come to the desktop app. The reason I pay for Pandora One is for the added features. I hate the fact that people who pay have to wait even longer than the free users. I understand that more people use the free version, but it would still be nice to get updates to the desktop app quicker. All in all I still love Pandora!!!!
  6. Lloyd
    February 27, 2010 at 2:10am
    My iPhone was stolen a few months ago, I now have a new one. However, whatever low life has my phone is using my Pandora account and adding all kinds of stations I have to delete everyday. I've changed my password but because they never log off on the phone they still have access. Of course I don't want to create a new account because I have all my stations and bookmarks from years ago. What can I do about it?
  7. Ryan, Pandora Support
    March 01, 2010 at 10:37am
    @Lloyd -- I've just sent you an email to assist you in securing your account.
  8. Michelle
    April 20, 2010 at 11:22am
    Same thing happened to me. Stolen iPhone, someone kept on changing my stations. Drove me nuts. Pandora's great support service helped me with this issue. Thank you Pandora!!! I just wished Apple and AT&T were as helpful to prevent the thief from using the phone. iPhone users, make sure to password protect your phone.
  9. kristin
    August 11, 2010 at 4:36pm
    i dont see the import button and when i click "click to continue" on the facebook app thing nothing happens. help!
  10. Lisa
    November 03, 2010 at 8:12pm
    I also am not able to add this application to FB. The "click here to continue" link on the application page just reloads the page. Is this application no longer available on FB?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )