The fine engineers over at Facebook have done something pretty neat. You can now “import” all your Pandora activity (station creation, bookmarked songs and artists) into your Facebook news feed.
Setting it up couldn’t be simpler — just visit your Facebook profile page and click the “import” link at the top of the Mini-Feed section, select Pandora, enter the email address you used when you registered with Pandora and Facebook will fetch your most recent station creations as well as your recent bookmarks and add them to your mini-feed. Better still, from that point on, any time you create a station or bookmark something on Pandora those events will automatically be added to your mini-feed also. It’s a great way to keep your Facebook friends up to date on your latest musical discoveries.
We feel pretty lucky to be included in the very short list of sites that Facebook is choosing to integrate directly into the mini-feed. Thanks Facebook!

Comments

1. Kellie
    October 09, 2008 at 11:28pm
    Hi Lucia, Thank you. I did receive an email from Mike in the support team. He gave me instructions to add Pandora to the import list (which I had already done). It seems that I need to manually update the imports at this time, is this correct? Also, it seems that the "Kellie is now listening to..." newsfeed is no longer active. Will you guys consider bringing that back if possible? It seems that many of us miss that function. Thanks so much!
  2. Lucia @ Pandora
    October 10, 2008 at 11:44am
    Any time, Kellie, and thanks for your feedback! Mike will get back to you on these questions as well. (he knows these answers better than I.) :) Lucia
  3. Allison
    October 13, 2008 at 6:33pm
    Mine is not working anymore either, could someone also email me? thanks so much.
  4. Lucia @ Pandora
    October 14, 2008 at 12:38pm
    He already did, Allison! Sorry about the problems with the new facebook, people! :) Lucia
  5. Michael Czeiszperger
    January 05, 2009 at 11:10am
    Just a FYI, but accessing Pandora from Facebook as described has been broken for months, at least for me. I am able to log into Pandora with my email address using the website or iPhone app, but on Facebook it says "The email or user name you entered is not valid. Please verify and try again.". I just logged out and in again using my email address on pandora.com, so I know its working.
  6. Alee-Listener Advocate
    January 06, 2009 at 8:26pm
    Hi Michael, Sorry about this! I'll forward your message to pandora support. -A
  7. Paul Chadha
    January 27, 2009 at 9:37pm
    Accessing Pandora from Facebook as described has been broken for months, at least for me. I am able to log into Pandora with my email address using the website or iPhone app, but on Facebook it says "The email or user name you entered is not valid. Please verify and try again.". I just logged out and in again using my email address on pandora.com, so I know its working.
  8. Lizzi
    February 19, 2009 at 10:42pm
    I think I'm asking for something that's a hybrid of the mini feed and the application (but I'm not completely sure I understand the difference between those). I would prefer if the "Recent Stations" had the most recently *listened to* stations, rather than the most recently added stations. That would make it even more awesome! (or if Pandora listed my stations in most recently listened order or if I could choose that order, that would be double awesome)
  9. Jon
    March 05, 2009 at 4:59pm
    I love Pandora Radio!
  10. Hecky
    April 17, 2009 at 5:45am
    What I found weird and somewhat invasive was that a Pandora story about my activity appeared in the FB news feed even though: a) I have not logged into Pandora in months; b) I am not a "fan" of Pandora or part of any other Pandora FB group; c) I do not use any Pandora app on FB; and d) the activity that was posted as happening on April 16 (bookmarking particular artists) happened months, possibly even over a year ago.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )