The fine engineers over at Facebook have done something pretty neat. You can now “import” all your Pandora activity (station creation, bookmarked songs and artists) into your Facebook news feed.
Setting it up couldn’t be simpler — just visit your Facebook profile page and click the “import” link at the top of the Mini-Feed section, select Pandora, enter the email address you used when you registered with Pandora and Facebook will fetch your most recent station creations as well as your recent bookmarks and add them to your mini-feed. Better still, from that point on, any time you create a station or bookmark something on Pandora those events will automatically be added to your mini-feed also. It’s a great way to keep your Facebook friends up to date on your latest musical discoveries.
We feel pretty lucky to be included in the very short list of sites that Facebook is choosing to integrate directly into the mini-feed. Thanks Facebook!

Comments

1. mariehampton
    May 29, 2008 at 7:43am
    my comment is you need to put better oldies on station for us older people and my station has gone off wont come back on olease help
  2. Lucia @ Pandora
    May 29, 2008 at 12:39pm
    Hi Marie - We'll have our Support Team contact you about your technical problems with Pandora. We have tons of "oldies" in our collection; let me know if you're looking for something in particular! :) Lucia, from Pandora
  3. Erin
    May 31, 2008 at 11:54am
    What's the difference between this and the Facebook Pandora application? Doesn't the app already list whenever you start listening to a station on Pandora or bookmark a song, etc?
  4. ELMER
    June 02, 2008 at 9:04am
    I HAVE TONS OF LP'S FROM THE 40'S,50'S 60'S AND I WOULD LIKE TO RECORD THEM TO CD'S. ANY HELP
  5. Tom Conrad
    June 02, 2008 at 2:55pm
    @Erin -- the Pandora application for Facebook has all kinds of cool features, including the ability to populate your FB profile with all your favorite bands and stations, search for new artists, listen to over a million song samples, and share your discoveries with your Facebook friends. The only downside is you have to find and install our application for all of that to happen. This mechanism is much simpler -- just updates to your mini-feed when you create stations and bookmarks, but it's much easier to find and has the big advantage that your updates will be visible to all your friends on Facebook -- not just the people that have installed the Pandora Facebook application. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  6. Lucia @ Pandora
    June 02, 2008 at 5:52pm
    Hi Elmer - Great question! Well, you can buy a machine that will assist you in converting your LPs to CD. For instance, there is a turntable that you can buy that plugs directly into your computer and converts the songs to a digital format. (you can then burn them onto CDs, if you choose) Here's an example: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0/ I'm told that it's actually quite easy to do, though it may be a bit time-consuming if you have a large LP library to transfer. I believe you can buy this "Ion USB turntable" or something similar at BestBuy, WalMart, or Amazon.com. ** Another option is to send your LPs out to a company who will do the conversion for you, for a fee. I did a search of the internet and found a bunch of options you could look into here: http://tinyurl.com/5yzvzr One last thing... here's a page with exhaustive information about converting LPs to CDs. Personally, I find it a bit overwhelming, but it's worth a read! http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-Records-Into-CDs Good luck! Lucia, from Pandora
  7. jcpjr
    June 06, 2008 at 9:49pm
    Acturally your Pandora Sucks! Every night the ststion runs out of tunes to play after two Hrs. app.I don't know how you get any advertisers????Oh1 but then a message reads try changing station, still no music.....
  8. Leman
    June 08, 2008 at 4:09pm
    I know a great local band who released two kick ass albums. How do artists get into the Music Genome Project. I would love to introduce you to "The Deludes". You can find them @thedeludes.com. Thanks for the great music. I love discovering new, fantastic artists. Love
  9. Lucia @ Pandora
    June 09, 2008 at 1:52pm
    jcpjr - Sorry you're having technical problems with Pandora! Feel free to email our Support Team at pandora-support@pandora.com and they'll help you out. Leman - Here is where The Deludes can learn about submitting their CD to Pandora, for possible inclusion in our collection: https://blog.pandora.com/faq/#31 Cheers, Lucia
  10. Carol
    June 20, 2008 at 2:24am
    I have just discovered Pandora radio a few days ago and I want to tell you that I love your internet radio. I love all your music selections. I love the no commerical, no talk, just good music.I have selected a few artists, and albums that I like, but have just began on this. I love the blues music and R&B and could listen to it all day. Actually, I do listen to blues a lot on cable TV. Now, when I am on my computer, I have Pandora music to listen to. I like it that I can put in my own selections, and I hear them soon thereafter. I am telling others about your fabulous station. Keep up the good work. I love the name Pandora also. It reminds me of Pandora's box, which is a potpourri of all things. So much to pick from. From now on, I am a Pandora fan. Thank you for such a wonderful radio station. Carol

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )