Update: It looks like I’ll be stopping by the Phoenix area to host a town hall meet on November 13th, on the ASU campus. All the details below. Looking forward to visiting!
WHAT: Pandora Town Hall
WHERE: ASU Lyceum Theater, 901 South Forest Mall, Tempe AZ
Directions
WHEN: November 13th, 2006 @ 7PM
RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “ASU” in the subject line!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in Arizona. Come mid-November, I’ll be stopping in Phoenix for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby schools like Arizona State University. Also looking at getting out to Tucson if time permits. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus, whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. We want to get you involved!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Curly
    September 30, 2006 at 2:55am
    There is a music club in Phoenix called The Rythm Room which is a must if you come to Phoenix and you love Blues music. Give it a try! BTW, Pandora is very, very cool.
  2. Lisa Mortensen
    October 04, 2006 at 1:15pm
    Pandora is awesome! It has helped me discover artists I haven't heard of before, thank you. A local band in Phoenix, AZ I would love to hear on Pandora is "Knotty Pine". http://www.myspace.com/knottypine
  3. Alex
    October 04, 2006 at 7:07pm
    I got reffered to Pandora a few days ago, and i must say you guys rock. If your going to be in Phoenix, Arizona Do you think it would be possible to stop by DeVry University? Because as an out of state student , I dont have a way to get out to ASU. Well, anyways keep doing what your doing. It's awesome!
  4. omnixed
    October 15, 2006 at 1:12am
    Definitely hit the Phoenix area, the weather will be perfect in November for some kind of outdoor event. If you choose Tempe there are tons of bars on Mill Ave, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting one of them to let you set up shop on a patio or something. Pandora rocks, I can't believe something like this can kick so much ass and not be shut down by the money-grubbing record studios. Although, now that Youtube got bought out are you guys waiting for your big check too? ;)
  5. Alicia
    October 18, 2006 at 11:34am
    My humble suggestion: While visiting ASU and students is a fantastic idea, please note there are plenty of mid- to late-twenty-somethings (and even early-thirty-somethings) who lovelovelove pandora and would show support at an off-campus venue, like The Paper Heart, a chill downtown coffee house/art gallery. I'd like to see Pandora pay its respect to fans like me, the quarter-life (and plus) market who really drives independent music and advancing technology. After all, we're the folks who are going to recognize the worth of pandora and support it in multiple ways - word of mouth, subscriptions, meandering our way to iTunes or eMusic to purchase the songs for our mp3 players. We're the ones begging for T-shirts and a chance to be part of something revoluntary and cutting-edge. Plus, we don't have to cut class to show you around Phoenix!
  6. Kate
    October 20, 2006 at 9:15pm
    I definately agree with Stephanie - The Paper Heart is a great venue that supports a lot of our local music talent (which there is much of!), and a really good way to not only reach those who are not in college, but an entirely different scene and kind of people than you will find in the ASU campus area. Also, if you time, Phoenix Community College has space and interest in having you come by! I would say your best bet there would be to have a promo table in the center of campus where you can poll people and have them check out Pandora on laptops, like someone else mentioned above. There's a good music scene there, and also a much more diversified campus. That said, Pandora is awesome, and your ingenuity is SOO greatly appreciated!
  7. Steve
    October 20, 2006 at 10:57pm
    I just discovered Pandora and am VERY impressed! The music is fantastic! I do have one request which by your job postings seems as if you are on the way to addressing it already. I have several children who are addopted from different countries (Russia, Bulgaria, Ethiopia, etc.) It would be great if you could provide some music in their native languages. Thanks and please keep the music coming.
  8. Keron Wolford
    October 23, 2006 at 3:14pm
    Pandora is awesome!! I can't even begin to find the words to describe how wonderful it is to listen to the music that I want to hear without commerical interuptions. I listen to Pandora all day at work and absolutely love it. Thank you so much for giving an individual the chance to listen to my music. I recommend Pandora to al my family and friends. Keep up the good work.
  9. David Miller
    October 29, 2006 at 8:16pm
    Even though I am not a student I think that ASU is an excellent location. But being in Mesa, AZ I would tend to prefer MCC. However, regardless of that, I would like to "strongly" suggest you research http://www.radiofreephoenix.com before you get here as that is an excellent source of local music as well as 60's and 70's style free form radio. See you in the future!
  10. nate
    November 02, 2006 at 3:54am
    wouldn't it be great if pandora could be listened to through a cell phone via a data connection, web browser that supports the site's programming, and what i think would need to be some highly compressed music files to stream over such slow connections. soon perhaps? see you at ASU

Reply to Dennis Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )