Update: It looks like I’ll be stopping by the Phoenix area to host a town hall meet on November 13th, on the ASU campus. All the details below. Looking forward to visiting!
WHAT: Pandora Town Hall
WHERE: ASU Lyceum Theater, 901 South Forest Mall, Tempe AZ
Directions
WHEN: November 13th, 2006 @ 7PM
RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “ASU” in the subject line!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in Arizona. Come mid-November, I’ll be stopping in Phoenix for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby schools like Arizona State University. Also looking at getting out to Tucson if time permits. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus, whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. We want to get you involved!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Brandon Vogt
    September 08, 2006 at 10:20pm
    Tempe is definitely your best bet... Setting up outside Memorial Union (on ASU's main campus) is perfect. I'll be there for SURE! Part-time grad student and full-time Pandora nut, Brandon
  2. Stacy
    September 09, 2006 at 4:04am
    Pandora’s music selection is as tremendous as your site format is comfortable. My hat is off to the genius behind its creation and direction. I enjoy oldies as much as progressive, especially the Nu-jazz characterized by irrational rhythm and newer complex measures, especially additives and phasing. I was especially surprised to see that some noted author has recently published a book about his philosophic approach to life based on some of concepts of music theory. He has based his theories on the recognized importance of an irrelevant rhythm in highlighting the rapid pitch changes of a song. The book = Rhythm and Self consciousness: New Ideals for an Electronic Civilization. I haven’t read it yet, but hope to. Thanks for providing the community such a fine musical outlet. S
  3. Patricia
    September 11, 2006 at 9:01am
    Hi, I was recently introduced to Pandora and have been enjoying it immensely. I live in Tucson and suggest that you check out a local artist named Eric Hansen. He is a singer/songwriter. He plays guitar and sings very heart warming material that I'm not sure I know how to categorize. Another local artist is guitar player Ismael Barajas who plays music written by others with a Latin theme. Hear's Music, a local Music Store on Campbell Ave. not far from the University of Arizona campus could hook you up with lots of local artists. Thanks for your great service!
  4. Adam
    September 14, 2006 at 2:08pm
    Agree with some above - ASU is the place. Totally "wired" campus, including widespread Wifi. If you set up a table out in front of the Memorial Union, you can have laptops sampling Pandora for students to check out. I am a graduate student and listen to Pandora on campus all the time.
  5. Daanon
    September 14, 2006 at 3:34pm
    If you are coming to the Phoenix area, definitely come to ASU. I'm not a student, but I have a good knowledge of venues around town and on campus. The big question is what size of venue are you looking for, how many people have you been drawing at each event. If you are talking 50 people there is an excellent spot right near Hoodlums, but if you are talking 300 people you are going to want to go somewhere else. I've been a Pandora user for around 9-10 months now and have turned many people on to it. I've e-mailed in suggestions and gotten favorable feedback. I'm 36 and not a student, but I'd LOVE to particpate in a Pandora Town Hall meeting. My current musical preferences lean towards Arcade Fire, Snow Patrol, We Are Scientists, Elefant, Mountain Goats, The Metric, Rahim, Sufjan Stevens, Death Cab for Cutie... to name a few. All time favorites are James, Pixies, Radiohead, Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, Skinny Puppy, Poster Children, Fugazi, Jawbox, Front 242, Frontline Assembly, Pop Will Eat Itself, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Oingo Boingo, Publiuc Enemy, Tribe Called Quest, Prodigy, Tool, Failure. I have one station for everything, I like as much variety as possible. I want to hear The Faint next to Ride followed by De La Soul. My biggest complaints are that sometimes Pandora will deliver a mellow set and I'm in an upbeat mood or vice versa. I'd also like to see more voting options. I'd like to specify if I'm voting for the artist or the song, even my favorite bands have a lemon every now and then, but if I vote against the lemon, I'm voting against the band in general and I don't want to hear the whole band less or have then banned, I just don't want to hear that song. On the flipside there are a handful of Dave Matthews songs I love, but its love/hate, I don't want to vote for one of his songs because I might start getting the songs I don't like, which is the majority of them. I also don't like the thumbs up/thumbs down, don't want it getting too complicated, but I'd like to specify between like and love, and not my favorite and can't stand. I also want to know whats on the technology front. With wide area wi-fi popping up in many cities around the country and hotspots all over the place, is there a chance there will be a portable player where I could actually listen to Pandora on the go, picking up whatever wi-fi signal it can find???
  6. Paula
    September 15, 2006 at 12:22pm
    Hi I just had to tell you how much I LOVE PANDORA.COM. I have it as my HOME PAGE. I log on at WORK and at HOME and everytime I log on to ANY COMPUTER anywhere I am. This is the most incredible, fascinating, wodnerful web site I have ever run across!! Not only is it a great music station, but it's FREE and it LEARNS!(well, you guys learn and then add to the stations). But it's just mind-blowingly WONDERFUL! I have told all my friends about it. That includes Japan, and England and Canada as well as all over the USA. I hope You don't let Pandora go the way of all other webs site, where, when it begins to to become SO popular, the FREE part becomes a PAY part. Please do your best to keep this wonderful MUSIC PROJECT continuing on like it is. The only impovements I could see to it in the future is to add CLASSICAL MUSIC and more asian artists. I search for Classial and Asian Artists and come up with nothing. I have a few, but not even remotely enough. KEEP UP THE FABULOUS WORK and FABULOUS WEB SITE and anything I can do to help, feel free to let me know! I mean it. There is NOTHING like PANDORA.COM I LOVE YOU GUYS!
  7. Anna
    September 16, 2006 at 1:06pm
    I'm a doctoral student at ASU and just discovered pandora this morning! I'd absolutely knocked out (that would be an understatement). Remember there are older students who are still young at heart .. I'm 49 .. and have accumulated many more years of diverse listening. Would love to see you on ASU campus in Tempe. Safe travels ...
  8. allison
    September 19, 2006 at 1:30pm
    First, there is no other then u all. B, the set-up/features and all my favorite music make the days go by and work flow. Finally, thank you for the service you provide-ur just a click away. Much love and blessings from Southern Arizona.
  9. Wendy
    September 27, 2006 at 2:20pm
    Need to check out the Navajo/Hopi Reservation - There are some talented rock bands around there. THanks
  10. Wendy
    September 27, 2006 at 2:25pm
    Some Native American Pow Wow music would be NICE.