Update: It looks like I’ll be stopping by the Phoenix area to host a town hall meet on November 13th, on the ASU campus. All the details below. Looking forward to visiting!
WHAT: Pandora Town Hall
WHERE: ASU Lyceum Theater, 901 South Forest Mall, Tempe AZ
Directions
WHEN: November 13th, 2006 @ 7PM
RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “ASU” in the subject line!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in Arizona. Come mid-November, I’ll be stopping in Phoenix for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby schools like Arizona State University. Also looking at getting out to Tucson if time permits. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus, whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. We want to get you involved!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Dj Houston
    August 14, 2006 at 1:30pm
    Pandora rocks!, as a freelance DJ, this is "wickedly Sick",you guys are on to something big!this is scary you must read our minds in cyberspace Music is life=life is music. If I can help make this better (as if it's not good now), let me know?, play on, and on, peace+love, Sincerely Dj.
  2. Izzy Fromm
    August 14, 2006 at 3:45pm
    it appears that I can only listen to one song at a time, rather that continuous play---if this is the case, please unsubscibe Izzy Fromm
  3. Steve
    August 15, 2006 at 11:52pm
    Arizona State University would probably be the preferable venue to take a stop at. Without knowing the tour dates, there may be a better location for a specific date, but ASU is a good bet. There is a strong school of music at ASU, and the memorial union, or even directly outside between the MU and the school of music, would also be a good location during the week. The event coordinator at ASU could probably provide more details and scheduling, but I think that a table or booth with Pandora promotional materials on the ASU campus would draw both current listeners and people who have not heard of the project. There is a decent music store in the MU called Hoodlums which would probably be happy to provide whatever support they can.
  4. K
    August 16, 2006 at 6:28pm
    You should try to make time to stop in Flagstaff, AZ. NAU has lots going on in early November and if the school doesn't have something there is always downtown (a 10 minute walk from NAU). Definatly worth checking out.
  5. Skye
    August 17, 2006 at 7:04am
    I currently live in Lake Havasu City, Arizona so i dont know about ASU and all that but we do have a local band here in havasu called The Easykill. They are really awesome and get all the teenagers in havasu in the music mood! They do travel so if you have time then get ahold of them this is their website: http://www.myspace.com/theeasykill ... hope this helps! PANDORA ROX MY SOX!!! ~skye~
  6. Jaci
    August 18, 2006 at 7:57am
    I agree with Steve, although ASU is a larger universtiy, NAU gives the true hometown feel. November would be a good time to visit NAU. Since I start my first semester there, I would definetly check out your booth. PANDORA leaves other "Internet Radio's" eating their dry, unorganized, redundant playlists. Thanks!
  7. francisco
    August 24, 2006 at 7:46pm
    I think you guys are doing great! for me is awesome to listen music I thaught was imposible to find, in a era of hip-hop and rap I'm fascinated to listen music from past years. Don't forget the spanish and mexican singer from the 60's and 70 as long as the latino musician from that era, I'm 48 and there are many like me that don't forget the good 70's, thanks a million, by the way greettings from, Tucson, Az. Francisco
  8. Kelly
    August 25, 2006 at 2:31pm
    Hi, I am writing you from the Phoenix area. If you are interested in the student scene I think you should try to visit Tucson and Flagstaff while you are here as they are more college dominant towns. I am a little too old to be considered a student listener so I can't help with an ASU venue recommendation, but here is a list of local music: http://www.theedge1039.com/localfrequency2005_bands.php The ones on the page that I have seen and can recommend trying to see are Authority Zero and Downward Dog. I really feel that Pandora is a great service. I like the variety Pandora provides. I do wish that you would consider adding some Zydeco music. I read your posts from Louisiana and was intrigued that you enjoyed the funk band, but don't play it's cousin, Zydeco! You missed an opportunity by not stopping in Lafayette. Hope you enjoy your visit to the desert.
  9. U of Amy
    August 27, 2006 at 1:10am
    Yes, please visit Tucson. This is wonderful, thank you! Check out the new 104.1 while you're here!
  10. Summer
    August 30, 2006 at 4:38pm
    A friend just told me about Pandora and I already love it! I have been telling everyone I know about it. I live down in Tucson and we would love to have you. I am sure University of Arizona could hook you up. Something this great seems too good to be free... is there any danger of Pandora being forced to charge?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )