Update: The Philadelphia town hall meeting is confirmed for November 2nd, 2006 at 7pm. It’ll be at the Penn Bookstore on the University of Pennsylvania campus. Please RSVP to the event by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “UPenn” in the subject line.
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in Pennsylvania. Come early-November, I’ll be stopping in Philadelphia for a town hall meeting (I’ll bet the first town hall meeting in America’s history was held in this very city!), and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby schools like the University of Pennsylvania. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus, whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Tim Westergren
    October 25, 2006 at 8:54am
    Thanks for all the GREAT comments everyone. Just great. It sounds like we definitely have to make a stop in Pittsburgh. I won't be able to squeeze it in on this particular trip, but I will definitely plan to come back. We'll be looking for suggestions on venues, so definitely stay in touch... Can't wait to meet everyone at the UPenn get together. Folks on campus have been super helpful in setting this up and spreading the word. Cheers Tim (Founder)
  2. Wendy
    November 02, 2006 at 5:54pm
    Come to CMU!!! Pittsburgh is full of music lovers, especially in the greater U Pitt/ CMU area of Oakland. Hope to see you in the 'burgh!
  3. Andyf
    November 05, 2006 at 6:13am
    Just a note to continue with the same. Thank you. Andyf
  4. Ken
    November 28, 2006 at 5:43pm
    I'm currently living in Los Altos, CA but I just moved here from Pittsburgh. Please don't ignore Pittsburgh, it has great schools (potential subscribers)ie. Duquesne Univ, Carnegie-Mellon, Pitt, Washington & Jefferson to name a few. And it represents western Pennsylvania, Southeastern Ohio and parts of West Virginia. A lot of diverse music styles and fans, from Froggy radio country fans to Hip Hop and everything in between. Let their voices be heard.
  5. Fortino
    January 31, 2007 at 12:09pm
    Check out Puck Live in Doylestown, PA. It's associate to World Cafe and has amazing talent.
  6. A mom
    February 09, 2007 at 7:18am
    This is the greatest idea! I've enjoyed Pandora since TIME listed it as a top website. As a working mom, I often multi-task in our family room at one of our computers while listening to Pandora, so... How about adding an option to filter out explicit songs? (KT Tunstall surprised us all!) Also, is there any way to print a list of the songs we've liked from a radio station to later check the albums on iTunes instead of buying only the one song?
  7. Shannon
    February 26, 2007 at 5:35am
    I love what you guys have done! It's so great to be able to find music that you like from such a variety of artists. I just wish you guys would do a stop in or near Pittsburgh!
  8. madi
    March 06, 2007 at 3:53pm
    come to the poconos sometime. there are a bunch of small colleges here, and i know you have fans. you have created beautiful thing here. one suggestion, maybe have a "it's ok" button. there are a lot of songs that i kind of like, and maybe would like better if i was in a different mood. thanks so much, you guys are amazing.
  9. michele
    March 10, 2007 at 7:33am
    i finally found a free station that really listens to me thank you very much others stations will customize but you have to listen to the whole song and its no where what i listen to. i love funk cameo,dazz band gap band,princess,rick james thay era thank you so much. one question though,how do i put pandora on my fav's. thanks for the music guys and gals.GREAT JOB!!
  10. iamthetrigger
    May 02, 2007 at 1:34pm
    Hi, I'm the editor of an indie music magazine that covers New York and PA... we really love your stations around our office, and appreciate that you're travelling about looking for cool scenes. I really, really think you guys need to go check out the kids at R5 in Philadelphia. This collaborative art/music group is responsible for the most amazing music coming to, and being produced in Philly. I cannot send them enough love vibes to cover it - they are amazing. Some fun bands they have brought to Philly in the past year have been Seu Jorge, Clinic, and Spoon, as well as LOADS of up and coming bands. www.r5productions.com Summertime in PA brings two amazing folk venues - The Philadelphia Folk Festival on the east side, and Blue Heron Folk Festval on the west. In Erie, that other side of the state, there is a really great scene brewing that reaches out tentacles into Pittsburgh and Cleveland's rich musical scenery - classic rock, post punk, emo/screamo... you name it. And of course, not to leave out lovely central NY - Ithaca has an amazing folk scene with it's own Muse Festival. Perhaps you should stay out here a while... we could keep you really busy! Ia Trigger