Update: The Philadelphia town hall meeting is confirmed for November 2nd, 2006 at 7pm. It’ll be at the Penn Bookstore on the University of Pennsylvania campus. Please RSVP to the event by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “UPenn” in the subject line.
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in Pennsylvania. Come early-November, I’ll be stopping in Philadelphia for a town hall meeting (I’ll bet the first town hall meeting in America’s history was held in this very city!), and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby schools like the University of Pennsylvania. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus, whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Steve McGarvey
    August 10, 2006 at 5:37pm
    Every year the Millenium Music Conference is held in and around Harrisburg. Bands from all over the East Coast play in this thing. Different genres abound. Well worth the check out. It would be worth the trip to check it out. It lasts two days. BTW, Pandora is a Godsend. A million thanks Steve
  2. Wally
    August 11, 2006 at 8:10am
    Not an itinerary suggestion, but a "programming" suggestion from Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh.) It would be really nice to be able to define the channels by content/genre. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of the selection of songs based on style, etc. of a particular artist, song, or set of either. But, for example, I love a band named Stavesacre, but I don't like to listen to the black metal/death metal content that is brought up by Stavesacre's style. It would be nice to have a "Christian" station in the style of Stavesacre or a "Classic Country" station in the style of Loretta Lynn.
  3. Tatiana
    August 13, 2006 at 6:12pm
    Do you know about World Cafe Live? (For the Philly Town Meeting) It's adjacent to the Univ of Penn and they have a lot of cool shows as well as conferences. http://worldcafelive.com/ I don't know anything about their fees for holding a town meeting, but I can imagine they would be excited to have an event like that in their space. Another cool space is the Crane Arts Building, which is a funky commercial/ art studio building in a former industrial district near the Northern Liberties neighborhood. http://www.cranearts.com/
  4. Dan G
    August 16, 2006 at 7:18am
    Come to Pittsburgh if you want to see some true music fans. FAG
  5. Sarah
    August 17, 2006 at 6:47am
    I live in Pittsburgh, you should come over here, music can be really big for a lot of people in the 'burgh. Well, I love what you're doing, keep it up!
  6. Susan
    August 21, 2006 at 10:11am
    ...think that first town hall was probably Jamestown or Plymouth Plantation... Thank you for a great site....would love more Christian artists added. Thanks so much!
  7. Jim Mc.
    August 22, 2006 at 10:01pm
    It would be great if you guys could make it to Pittsburgh when you get to Pennsylvania. Lots of great music on this side of the state. I've personally been spreading the Pandora word!
  8. Dave
    August 24, 2006 at 9:18am
    Can't wait to hear where, in Philadephia, you'll be stopping. Today is actually my first time using Pandora and I predict a long term relationship ahead.
  9. Anthony
    August 24, 2006 at 10:50pm
    I live up in NE Philly. I think it's awesome you're doin' this, I'll keep an eye on the calendar. I love this site, it's really somethin' different and special. If I continue using it and you guys keep doin' what you're doin, I'm definitely considering purchasing the service. Screw those Pittsburg guys, this is the place to be. Don't forget to grab a cheesesteak while you're here.
  10. Ryan @ Temple
    August 26, 2006 at 7:33pm
    This is the best thing since sliced bread. I love my stations - hopefully I'll catch you when you come by Philly. You have my full support, I've been telling people.