Update – Here are the details for the upcoming Indiana visit!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 17th, 2006 at 6 pm
WHERE: Indiana University Memorial Union: Frangipani Room
900 East 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
To RSVP for the meetup, just send an email to tour@pandora.com with “Bloomington” in the subject line. Can’t wait to see you there!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Indiana. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Indianapolis for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby Indiana University or other local colleges. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus or other spots, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Tamre
    September 19, 2006 at 8:11am
    You guys should definitely visit IUPUI while you're in Indy. Also if you like German culture and food at all, The Rathskeller is amazing and they offer some really fun live music. It's pretty great food & microbrewed beer. I take everyone who comes to visit there for a night. As an IUPUI student, I feel like we're sometimes looked over and anyone coming to Indiana goes to Purdue or IU to visit. Please stop and see us!!!
  2. Jeff
    September 19, 2006 at 1:00pm
    Don't forget northern Indiana. I'm near South Bend, where there are many colleges (Notre Dame, St. Mary's, Holy Cross, Indiana University-South Bend, Bethel College and some others that are all within 5 miles of each other). I can't say there's a great music scene here, but that's why we need to have folks like you come to inspire and open people's minds up. There is a strong arts community (theatre, dance, etc.). Notre Dame may host you, as they are very forward thinking (as long as you don't mention the 9-16-06 Michigan game).
  3. Jon
    September 19, 2006 at 3:57pm
    A suggestion for the site. I have not really gotten into Pandora because I have my own massive music collection, but I like the idea. I hope to use Pandora more as it develops further. My suggestion is that you somehow do something like what last.fm has done. I like how last.fm records each listener's (scrobbler's) taste and then uses it to compile a similar artists list and create other features---all user based. I don't know how to articulate my idea well, but if you would somehow play specific music based on how users like that music, that would be cool. Or classify it somehow, all using user input in addition to your algorithms and formulas (that you use to determine what is to be played). What I like about Pandora is it's not run by snobby music critics dicatating what you should listen to if you like something else. I like Pandora's (almost scientific) approact to its music selection. But also incorportating users opinions and tastes would add another dimension.
  4. Brian
    September 19, 2006 at 7:16pm
    Pandora is a wonderful resource. Can't get enough of it. As a musician myself, I was excited to see my music on Pandora. It is also fun for me to be able to stream and try out new artists that will help twist my mind in a new creative direction. Looking forward to your Indiana stop. Let me know if you need anything.
  5. jake merrill
    October 04, 2006 at 6:39pm
    In the south eastern part of indiana there is a band called Muzzy. I grew up with the guitar player. Still, I never thought that they would become what they are today. The band is located in Aurora, Indiana. Right in the heel of the boot. They sound slightly weenish... but there is a slight hue of beatles in there. Someday i can see them making some truly incredible music.
  6. codybaldwin
    October 05, 2006 at 2:31pm
    Very interesting, I'd say this definately fits with the Informatics department here at IU (which i considered for awhile before choosing comm. and culture). I look forward to seeing Pandora's visit, hopefully I'll have something ready to contribute by the 17th.
  7. Meridith
    October 06, 2006 at 1:06pm
    I just got an e-mail about Pandora coming to Indiana but it looks like Bloomington was the only city on your itinerary. What happened to Indianapolis?! (...sigh...) I think you'll get a good turnout in Bloomington, though. If you come through you should definitely check out Radio Radio in Fountain Square - it's a great venue to hear music and you don't leave reeking of smoke. Food-wise, you can't go wrong with these: meat - Judges Tip of the Rib BBQ veggie - Udupi Cafe pizza - Bazbeaux Pizza the best beef patties in the midwest - my place Pandora is a breath of fresh air. I thought I was pretty in the know about the music I like, but Pandora has exposed me to songs and artists I've never heard...or reminded me to pick up CDs from bands I haven't heard from in awhile. Keep up the good work!
  8. theresa patrick
    October 07, 2006 at 8:43am
    Pandora cannot afford to miss Indianapolis for the following reasons: Marian College Martin College IvyTech University University of Indianapolis Butler University (go Bulldogs!) Indiana University-Purdue University at Indinapolis (IUPUI) 2005 Graduate and Undergraduate enrollment in IUPUI alone stopped just shy of 100,000 students. Butler University recently finished an entire building devoted to electronic arts and media. Check us out! Email me if you need support or have questions. Theresa Patrick
  9. Chuck
    October 08, 2006 at 7:18am
    I LOVE your site, and I've passed it along to many. It's rare I pass along sites to friends. But your site is life changing. Thanks for turning me on to new bands and new music. You have increased my music purchases. The project is great. Keep expanding your list of music and thanks for making the site so simple to use. You rock.
  10. Tristan
    October 09, 2006 at 10:26am
    If you're in the mood for great Indian food, check out the Shanti on Kirkwood Avenue, just down the road from the Memorial Union and the Sample Gates.

Reply to jim Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )