Update – Here are the details for the upcoming Indiana visit!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 17th, 2006 at 6 pm
WHERE: Indiana University Memorial Union: Frangipani Room
900 East 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
To RSVP for the meetup, just send an email to tour@pandora.com with “Bloomington” in the subject line. Can’t wait to see you there!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Indiana. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Indianapolis for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby Indiana University or other local colleges. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus or other spots, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Trixie
    September 09, 2006 at 5:50pm
    I am just learning how to use the site! And I love it so far. "Neil Young" radio is my first station, and it's great what other song options are coming up with similar sounds and lyrics. When you come to Indy, check out the live music scene at Birdys, and the Slippery Noodle for sure. Have breakfast at 3 a.m. at Peppy's Grill in Fountain Square ;)
  2. ObiWanKeenobi
    September 11, 2006 at 8:05am
    Being a life-long Hoosier, I can vouch for the Slippery Noodle being a great place to see great music. As an IU grad student, while in Bloomington, be sure to check whats going on at the Blue Bird and/or Uncle Festers. I'd say they generally have the best acts in town. As far a food goes, just find 4th street (the next street south of the main strip, i.e. Kirkwood). Great international cuisine, but I've had better cajun in Indy than they serve at Yats, but its still good. There are, however, certainly MANY better choices.
  3. fnunez
    September 12, 2006 at 7:13pm
    I love pandora! It's like perfect radio!
  4. Tristan
    September 13, 2006 at 10:19am
    In my opinion, the best thing to come out of Indiana as far as music goes is Margot & The Nuclear So & Sos. Other than that, there's not too much here. Even the Midwest Music Summit was pretty crappy this year. Last year was better because of the acts that came from other states. Which there seemed to be very few of this year. Silversun Pickups being one of the few. And with the help of the radio station WRZX, it really brought the worst music possible to MMS. And then the bands from Indiana were a very poor choice. The Elms, for example, were quite possible the most pretentious band I've ever seen. It also doesn't help that they call themselves "Indiana's Rock & Roll Champions" on their website. That's not egotistical at all. Especially for a band that's not very good at all. Sure, the guitarist has talent. But that's about it. Everything's coming out of Nashville now. (AutoVaughn, Bang Bang Bang) I haven't been to a local show yet this year and said, "Wow, I really like this artist that's playing right now. Who is it?" I guess if you HAVE to come to Indiana, go for it. But, personally, I would stay far, far away from here.
  5. ObiWanKeenobi
    September 14, 2006 at 7:28am
    So I don't know when "mid-October" is, but you might try to coincide your visit to Bloomington with the 13th annual Lotus World Music & Arts Festival (www.lotusfest.org) that is running from the 5th through the 8th (though the big music days are Friday and Saturday). It'd be worth your trouble, trust me. HUGE line-up and non-stop action.
  6. Jason
    September 14, 2006 at 7:55pm
    My wife and I have recently found out about Pandora and love the idea. You could say that we are addicted. The only real improvement I can think of is that some of the attributes of a song or group that I like are not really listed as one of your classifications. Namely, I love vocal harmonies in a song. When I try to create a station that includes that, it doesn't seem to take that into consideration. It would also be cool to see an entire list of the attributes of a song. I have seen some lists on "why did we play this song" that listed three things and then "other attributes" Keep up the good work. I would like to hear exactly when you will be in Indiana. I would also encourage you to check out Bloomington (about one hour south of Indy). There is a ton of local talent and gigs going on just about every day of the week.
  7. jna
    September 14, 2006 at 8:19pm
    If you visit Evansville plan on the first full week of October for our Fall Festival: http://www.nutclub.org/
  8. Lori
    September 16, 2006 at 6:10am
    When in Bloomington, check out Craig Brenner--Mr. Boogie Woogie! His music plays on Pandora. Craig is one of the few that is still playing in the style of Fats Waller, Professor Longhair, Jerry Lee, Fats Domino, etc. Stride/Boogie Woogie at its finest! craigbrenner.com
  9. dwain kitchel
    September 18, 2006 at 2:26pm
    Have to third the Slippery Noodle idea! Randora is a great thing, thank you. dwain New Albany
  10. Jennifer
    September 18, 2006 at 3:18pm
    This is the best thing sense Yahoo Music. I just love it! I would like to know more about you guys.

Reply to Salena Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )