Update – Here are the details for the upcoming Indiana visit!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 17th, 2006 at 6 pm
WHERE: Indiana University Memorial Union: Frangipani Room
900 East 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
To RSVP for the meetup, just send an email to tour@pandora.com with “Bloomington” in the subject line. Can’t wait to see you there!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Indiana. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Indianapolis for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby Indiana University or other local colleges. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on the college campus or other spots, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Bill Starr
    August 18, 2006 at 8:23pm
    I really enjoy your site. Maybe I'll be able to drive up in October. I live about an hour south of Indy on I-65. My main suggestion that would improve the site for me is the one I sent in 7 June 2006. Vic Wong wrote back that it was a great suggestion and he would share it with the team. That is to provide an easy interface to "uncheck" a Favorite that is playing. With the new popup-on-mouseover it looks like it would be pretty to repurpose the "thumbs-up" logo that currently does nothing for a selection that is already marked as a favorite. For the favorite, that position could be used to remove the "thumbs-up", for songs I initially used to guide the station, but which I would now like to not hear as often. I currently just mark them as "don't play for 30 days", but being able to easily "uncheck" them would be a very welcome addition to make fine-tuning the station easier. Thanks for a great site. Regards, Bill Starr Columbus, Indiana Fri, 18 Aug 2006, 11:23 PM EST
  2. Rob
    August 19, 2006 at 9:42am
    Hi, I'm in the "middle" crowd, as a 35-year-old grad student. If you come to Bloomington to seek out the student view, consider getting time in one of the cyber cafes or restaurants with Internet access. There are several in the downtown county square neighborhood. Many people (a variety of ages) listen to Pandora while writing papers and stuff at the cafes. Hope you can make it down this way!
  3. Ricky Berkey
    August 20, 2006 at 2:42pm
    A great Indiana based singer-songwriter (a well respected performer on the Folk/Americana circuit) is Tim Grimm.
  4. Jeffrey
    August 21, 2006 at 3:39am
    We would love to have you in Evansville in southwest Indiana. We have two universities, University of Evansville and University of Southern Indiana. We have some great local bands here, not the least of which is HOG-MAW Blues Band. http://www.hogmaw.com/ They released an album last summer which I would love to see on Pandora. If you're ever in southern Indiana pay us a visit.
  5. Kathy
    August 22, 2006 at 7:36am
    Another local favorite is Jennie DeVoe. Her style of music has been described as soulful hippie-funk folk. You can check out sound bits from her 4 CDs at her website, jenniedevoe.com. I stumbled across Pandora a month ago and have been enjoying it ever since. Keep up the good work!
  6. Alex Maldonado
    August 26, 2006 at 3:05pm
    in the north west part of indiana close to chicago a local favorite music if by somone called nujabes hes from japan and has a verey relaxed up beat type of music. he is very popular in japan and whith the hip hop. please try and get some of his work out on pandora becuase its great and im sure other will like it too. keep the good work up and ill keep spreading the word about pandora -Alex
  7. Hannah
    August 27, 2006 at 4:14pm
    There is this great band in Mooresville called Requiescat, you should check them out.
  8. Paul
    August 29, 2006 at 1:26pm
    You have an incredible site. I have been amazed at some of the songs that have come up. The backstage feaures are really cool, too. I am probably one of your older listeners (50 something), and am an amatuer musician, playing jazz and blues guitar. It has been very eye-opening to see the musical relationships that your database reveals. I hope to see you in Indy in October.
  9. John Ratz
    August 29, 2006 at 4:48pm
    I agree with what everyone has said so far...I would call or contact the local independent radio station 92.3 WTTS to get a real feel for the music Hoosiers want. You should really come to Indianapolis during the midwest music summit. Also make sure you eat at Yats (54th and college) it is the best cajun food on the planet. Keep up the good job with pandora.com it is amazing.
  10. Nathan
    August 30, 2006 at 4:20pm
    You must come to Indiana University in Bloomington...one of the coolest cities in Indiana. Thriving music scene with plenty to do. I personally would really enjoy meeting someone who is involved with Pandora, what an amazing project. Thanks a lot!

Reply to Will Findlay Cancel Reply