Update: I’ll be in Providence on October 4th, 2006 for a meetup at 7pm. The event will be at the Columbus Theatre (270 Broadway) and we’d love to see you there. Please RSVP by emailing tour@pandora.com with ‘Providence’ in the subject line!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in Rhode Island. Come early-October, I’ll be stopping in Providence for a town hall meeting after attending the Business Innovation Factory summit in town. I would also love the opportunity to meet Pandora listeners at nearby schools – students always have so many great things to contribute! If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues in the area or on college campuses, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Nicole
    September 17, 2006 at 9:22am
    the providfence meeting would be great. i live right off broadway. i just started listening to pandora. it is great. its the best internet i cam across so far. it doesnt really skip or anyhting like other raido stations. but i love tis site keep up the good work....i think it will be bigger or as big as my space one day. _Nicole luvs u
  2. kelsey
    September 18, 2006 at 1:24pm
    you should check out Mike Celleme he's an awesome local musician
  3. Todd Page
    September 22, 2006 at 9:03am
  4. Justin
    September 26, 2006 at 12:17am
    There are a couple local bands that are worth checking out- Gruvis Malt, Monty and Zox.
  5. Justin
    September 26, 2006 at 12:17am
  6. Brian
    October 25, 2006 at 1:38pm
    There's an incredible band out here called Mars Hill (alternative) www.marshiltheband.com insane sound
  7. Vern Graham
    November 01, 2006 at 1:06pm
    row dyelan? Can't believe I missed it. Just visited the blog for the first time, even tho have been listening to Pandora for months and months. Keeping me sane at my "day gig" (yes, I am an under-employed musician for 30 years and native RI born) Still here in Providence, and the next time you head this way, give me an email warning in advance, and I'll give you a list of venues, local musician links, etc. We should rent a hall! I have telling anyone and everyone I know to check out Pandora. It is a HUGE musical resource for both the casual listener and the educated ear. Also, when you get a minute go to www.VernGraham.com to find out what I'm up to.
  8. Kelly
    February 22, 2007 at 6:35am
    You may want to check out the Providence Black Repertory Company for music and entertainment.
  9. jason
    March 23, 2007 at 7:46pm
    I agree with Mason that the Providence music scene is "insular." Lots of shows in secret locations and bands that rarely play in official venues (other than AS220 which is amazing - http://as220.org). What started as a fear of these secret spaces and shows getting shut down/evicted by "the man" sometimes comes across as elitism, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Providence is home to many excellent record labels including Load (loadrecords.com), Corleone (http://www.corleonerecords.com/), Las Visible Dog (lastvisibledog.com) and Secret Eye (http://secreteye.org/). Tons and tons of local bands...check out http://lotsofnoise.com and Providence student and community radio station BSR http://bsrlive.com, serving the curious listeners of Providence and beyond. I am assuming you came to Providence in search of this stuff...let me know if you want some help and keep up the good work!
  10. George Sorof
    April 19, 2007 at 9:00am
    I third the come to Providence College statement. Theres tons of places you could go, and if nothing else we could snag a classroom or go to the dining hall. Please ... come visit us. We love your program. good!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )