Now that we’re in the final week of November everybody is listening to holiday music 24/7, right? No? Well for those who would like a bit of holiday music to listen to easy-like, here’s a few great stations. I made these stations myself and I have to say, they’re very enjoyable. Even if you’re feeling a bit Grinchy. Who knew there was so much interesting and unique holiday music out there?
Rockin’ Holidays
Jazz Holidays
Country Christmas
Swingin’ Christmas
R&B / Pop Holiday
Christmas Blues
A Classical Christmas
Peaceful Holidays
Folk Holidays
There’s more holiday stations here. If you’ve got a great holiday station going, share it in the comments!
Of course, you’re encouraged to make your own personalized stations from scratch! Here’s how:
You can start by entering the name of a holiday song you like (for example, ‘Winter Wonderland‘). You’ll be asked to pick from a list of artists who have performed the song. Pick one, and Pandora will create a station for you that features that song and similar holiday music.
Or, you can start a station based on an artist. Enter the artist’s name followed by the word ‘holiday’. (for example, ‘Duke Ellington Holiday‘). Pandora will use that input to build a holiday station for you based on the musical qualities of that performer’s holiday songs.
Here’s a few example songs and artists to get you started:
Holiday Song examples:
Santa Baby
White Christmas
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Jingle Bells
Joy to the World
Silver Bells
The First Noel
Angels We Have Heard On High
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Silent Night
O Holy Night
Holiday Artist examples:
Harry Connick Jr. (Holiday)
Frank Sinatra (Holiday)
Bing Crosby (Holiday)
Ella Fitzgerald (Holiday)
Louis Armstrong (Holiday)
Dave Brubeck (Holiday)
B.B. King (Holiday)
Johnny Cash (Holiday)
Destiny’s Child (Holiday)
Mariah Carey (Holiday)
Celine Dion (Holiday)
The Beach Boys (Holiday)
Vienna Boys Choir (Holiday)
The Cambridge Singers (Holiday)

Enjoy the music!
Lucia

Comments

1. Mack Varnes
    December 05, 2007 at 2:27pm
    I can not thanks you enough, All is profeshional music and so expertly done. I just love Celine Bion and Mariah Cary and the Beach Boys are awesome as well. All of them doing their Christmas wonders. Many thank.
  2. Master G
    December 05, 2007 at 3:41pm
    I started making a holiday station, so here it is "Holiday Jingle". http://www.pandora.com/stations/741eafbc78022ea7ecee1cbce4f83316425ba2910f7abf8b#
  3. Sue Mosher
    December 05, 2007 at 8:53pm
    A little Celtic, a little British, a bit folky, a dash of orchestral and some classics: http://www.pandora.com/stations/6e71d4aeebebc7156d1b3afd6a3b9185425ba2910f7abf8b My first station, and I'm very pleased with it!
  4. Jack Maxfield
    December 08, 2007 at 6:31am
    Behold my holiday station, which I've had going since last year: "Christmas Music That Doesn't Suck". http://www.pandora.com/stations/35de42d9c8b6f0e721c30c79da9a0c17c083d46737a7e8a7
  5. Mike
    December 10, 2007 at 7:35am
    Here's mine - "A Whole Lot of Christmas Radio" -pruned two years and counting :)
  6. jannwa
    December 10, 2007 at 3:34pm
    Please could you put on Michael W. Smith's "Christmastime" album? That one has the best version of "Christmas Waltz" I have ever heard. Thanks for all the fun songs. Great to see Jaci Velasquez's and Point of Grace's holiday albums on here. :)
  7. Leslie
    December 10, 2007 at 5:44pm
    I used to listen to Pandora all of the time and had a few stations set up. I was gone for a few weeks, and now it won't work. It won't let me create a new station or anything. When I click on the "Listen NOw" button, it goes to the information page. Can anyone help? Thanks
  8. Lauren
    December 13, 2007 at 7:12am
    I'm always a bit late to the scene. I'm an artist, is that an excuse? Now that I'm here, I just want to say thank you for existing; you've made my bill-paying 9-5 more than tolerable. I'm enjoying your holiday selections now and a stream created from entering 'cinematic orchestra'. Two thumbs up, brava, kudos and all of that to you...and happy holidays as well.
  9. Steve
    December 14, 2007 at 8:11pm
    Hi - I'm listening to the John Fahey Christmas station and I am, for the most part, quite pleased. I was looking for a feddback link on the Pandora Radio page and did not find one. I've been a Pandora listener, on and off, for the past two years (close to when Pandora started). Thanks!
  10. Kate
    December 17, 2007 at 6:06am
    Thanks for the holiday tips - I just wish I could listen to them. Apparently Canada has become a Digital No Fly Zone to you folks now, and I am left on the outside looking in. Hurray for rights and clearances! (pfffttt...) On the plus side, at least I have good, free health care, subsidized education, a dollar worth more than yours, most of the world's water, most of your daily oil supplies and civilized countrymen who are waaay less likely to shoot each other to keep me entertained.