Now that we’re in the final week of November everybody is listening to holiday music 24/7, right? No? Well for those who would like a bit of holiday music to listen to easy-like, here’s a few great stations. I made these stations myself and I have to say, they’re very enjoyable. Even if you’re feeling a bit Grinchy. Who knew there was so much interesting and unique holiday music out there?
Rockin’ Holidays
Jazz Holidays
Country Christmas
Swingin’ Christmas
R&B / Pop Holiday
Christmas Blues
A Classical Christmas
Peaceful Holidays
Folk Holidays
There’s more holiday stations here. If you’ve got a great holiday station going, share it in the comments!
Of course, you’re encouraged to make your own personalized stations from scratch! Here’s how:
You can start by entering the name of a holiday song you like (for example, ‘Winter Wonderland‘). You’ll be asked to pick from a list of artists who have performed the song. Pick one, and Pandora will create a station for you that features that song and similar holiday music.
Or, you can start a station based on an artist. Enter the artist’s name followed by the word ‘holiday’. (for example, ‘Duke Ellington Holiday‘). Pandora will use that input to build a holiday station for you based on the musical qualities of that performer’s holiday songs.
Here’s a few example songs and artists to get you started:
Holiday Song examples:
Santa Baby
White Christmas
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Jingle Bells
Joy to the World
Silver Bells
The First Noel
Angels We Have Heard On High
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Silent Night
O Holy Night
Holiday Artist examples:
Harry Connick Jr. (Holiday)
Frank Sinatra (Holiday)
Bing Crosby (Holiday)
Ella Fitzgerald (Holiday)
Louis Armstrong (Holiday)
Dave Brubeck (Holiday)
B.B. King (Holiday)
Johnny Cash (Holiday)
Destiny’s Child (Holiday)
Mariah Carey (Holiday)
Celine Dion (Holiday)
The Beach Boys (Holiday)
Vienna Boys Choir (Holiday)
The Cambridge Singers (Holiday)

Enjoy the music!
Lucia

Comments

1. brooksb
    November 29, 2007 at 2:30pm
    Woot.. love christmas songs... Suggestion: Not sure of the legality of it but would be nice if lyrics came up with the song thats playing.
  2. Jon
    November 30, 2007 at 10:47am
    I love to see the musical influences deduced from the songs I select for playlists. Unfortunately it shows only for a minute, and appears to be unretrievable after that. It would be nice to be able to select music based on a list of these attributes, in addition to a single song or artist.
  3. Niyou
    November 30, 2007 at 7:56pm
    I wish that there was a station that included the new classical and traditional Christmas music that sounds like club/dance music. I have heard it on commericals and on some soap operas. I hope you will include in your line up. Thanks
  4. Daniel
    December 01, 2007 at 8:13pm
    I really enjoy the Christmas music however I find the Budweiser or Jack Daniels advertisements attached along side it offensive. Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and getting high on alcohol is not what the holy day is about. I know Pandora needs the revenue but could not something more appropriate be used?
  5. Daniel
    December 01, 2007 at 8:39pm
    Please try my station "Percy Faith and his orchestra (holiday)". I think I posted it on the shared station site that is if I did it right. Enjoy!
  6. Stuart MacDonald
    December 03, 2007 at 11:47am
    Thanks for the holiday tips - I just wish I could listen to them. Apparently Canada has become a Digital No Fly Zone to you folks now, and I am left on the outside looking in. Hurray for rights and clearances! (pfffttt...) On the plus side, at least I have good, free health care, subsidized education, a dollar worth more than yours, most of the world's water, most of your daily oil supplies and civilized countrymen who are waaay less likely to shoot each other to keep me entertained. So good luck with your Digital Homeland Security - you and Bush are doin' a heckuva job.
  7. Harold Grant
    December 03, 2007 at 2:33pm
    Lucia, may God bless you for coming up with these wonderful holiday songs. I`m a long time lover of jazz music, especially jazz holiday music, which is very seldom hear on local radios in my area. Now I have created my on station and stays tuned 24/7. Thanks!!! Harold.
  8. Darlene
    December 04, 2007 at 1:00pm
    I love christmas music. Here is the one I made. http://www.pandora.com/share/station/b9bef693cee532864476c14fe2094fd6425ba2910f7abf8b
  9. Connum
    December 05, 2007 at 9:10am
    There's an important holiday song missing!! "Driving home for christmas" by Chris Rea. Please add it! :-)
  10. Lucia @ Pandora
    December 05, 2007 at 1:03pm
    Thanks for all your comments and suggestions! We do hope to be legal internationally, and we're working on it. Thanks for the station recommendations! And Connum, we'll get your song.