Now that we’re in the final week of November everybody is listening to holiday music 24/7, right? No? Well for those who would like a bit of holiday music to listen to easy-like, here’s a few great stations. I made these stations myself and I have to say, they’re very enjoyable. Even if you’re feeling a bit Grinchy. Who knew there was so much interesting and unique holiday music out there?
Rockin’ Holidays
Jazz Holidays
Country Christmas
Swingin’ Christmas
R&B / Pop Holiday
Christmas Blues
A Classical Christmas
Peaceful Holidays
Folk Holidays
There’s more holiday stations here. If you’ve got a great holiday station going, share it in the comments!
Of course, you’re encouraged to make your own personalized stations from scratch! Here’s how:
You can start by entering the name of a holiday song you like (for example, ‘Winter Wonderland‘). You’ll be asked to pick from a list of artists who have performed the song. Pick one, and Pandora will create a station for you that features that song and similar holiday music.
Or, you can start a station based on an artist. Enter the artist’s name followed by the word ‘holiday’. (for example, ‘Duke Ellington Holiday‘). Pandora will use that input to build a holiday station for you based on the musical qualities of that performer’s holiday songs.
Here’s a few example songs and artists to get you started:
Holiday Song examples:
Santa Baby
White Christmas
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Jingle Bells
Joy to the World
Silver Bells
The First Noel
Angels We Have Heard On High
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Silent Night
O Holy Night
Holiday Artist examples:
Harry Connick Jr. (Holiday)
Frank Sinatra (Holiday)
Bing Crosby (Holiday)
Ella Fitzgerald (Holiday)
Louis Armstrong (Holiday)
Dave Brubeck (Holiday)
B.B. King (Holiday)
Johnny Cash (Holiday)
Destiny’s Child (Holiday)
Mariah Carey (Holiday)
Celine Dion (Holiday)
The Beach Boys (Holiday)
Vienna Boys Choir (Holiday)
The Cambridge Singers (Holiday)

Enjoy the music!
Lucia

Comments

1. Stijn
    November 26, 2007 at 3:16pm
    "All I want for Christmas, is..." Pandora outside the US. *wishes*
  2. jb
    November 27, 2007 at 10:35am
    Found this because of Garry Trudeau .... Doonesbury rocks and always has .... I think I'm gonna like this!
  3. Jay
    November 27, 2007 at 1:54pm
    I was just going to say, you guys made Doonesbury. If that doesn't count as "Arriving," I don't know what does. Congrats! http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html
  4. Mr. Basmt
    November 27, 2007 at 2:08pm
    http://pandora.com/stations/a748b24e4c1f40a331dc9f42966277cb425ba2910f7abf8b#tbl_track_bookmarks,all Happy Hanukka
  5. Kiichi
    November 27, 2007 at 9:12pm
    I really like this intelligent interface! If it's possible, please make "Download streamed radio into your ipod" kind of service.
  6. Doug Stewart
    November 28, 2007 at 8:42am
    Just been looking at your site, including your "about pandora". On one hand, I admire the dedication of listening to all the music, classifying it by multiple criteria and then building your database on this. However, given the ability of computers to analyse music, could not much of this be done by a reasonably sophisticated bit of software. After all, once music is digitised, it is just a mathematical problem, which computers are very good at. More work up front perhaps, but once it is going the savings would be enormous.
  7. April
    November 28, 2007 at 9:47am
    Ooo Thanks for the holiday stations! I created a holiday station last year that turned out really well- lots of variety and good songs. http://www.pandora.com/stations/26d704a1e465ad197617c7a6e1fc0e7da0f202080df67652 I seeded it with these artists: Barenaked Ladies (Holiday) Ella Fitzgerald (Holiday) Johnny Cash (Holiday) Nat King Cole (Holiday) Sarah McLachlan (Holiday) And have lots of thumbed up songs.
  8. Daniel
    November 29, 2007 at 7:51am
    Thanks for the great Christmas music. I love the cd quality sound. I also like the fact that I can choose what I want to listen to. Try that on off-air radio stations!
  9. kay
    November 29, 2007 at 12:57pm
    I wanted to tell you what an amazing outlet this is as you seem to be interacting with me ,whenever I want to hear a certain artist, and type it in you are right on it. Thank You so much, I am so pleased to have discovered you.
  10. Brian
    November 29, 2007 at 2:00pm
    Please promise you will never have audio adds. This is great! I load up the mix and get to work. For someone on the computer for more than 8 hours a day, this is a godsend. Thank you. I will keep on listening.