Update: We’ve just confirmed a town hall meeting for a November 14th town hall in Denver. Here are the details:
WHEN: Tuesday, November 14th, 2006 @ 7 PM
WHERE: Bug Theatre
3654 Navajo Street
venue website: http://www.bugtheatre.org
Please RSVP if you plan on coming by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “Denver” in the subject line.
Gotta be at the top of the list for any touring band. Loved going here in my band days, and can’t wait to get back. I’m currently planning the itinerary. looking like mid-November, I’ll be stopping in both Boulder and Denver for town hall meetings for sure, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at UCB and DU, or any other schools too. Fond memories of the Fox Theatre and Herman’s Hideaway . So many great destinations – could spend a month there! If you have any suggestions for venues or want to host a gathering, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Pauline D.
    August 10, 2006 at 3:55pm
    Ahh...my own home state of Colorado. I could go on and on, but in Denver, the two I'd be sure to check what's going on at the Marquis (see www.sodajerkpresents.com/) and the Bluebird. The Bluebird is THE place to stop. You may want to see Hi-Dive and Lion's Lair (see www.nipp.com/), and they definitely host more locals than the first two. And if you feel like a romp and checking out a teen center: www.lifespot.org Tiny venue, but some great shows. We've got a pretty diverse scene, but I've been noticing some more disco punk and dance/post-hardcore acts lately. Keep an eye out for that. Can't wait until you make it here!
  2. Sue
    August 13, 2006 at 7:07pm
    Well, just found your site mentioned in the local paper this weekend. This seems groundbreaking to me and so fantastic. I have been remembering how wonderful it WAS and sometimes still is to listen to radio - where you are surprised and energized by what you hear...I have always looked to the DJ to bring up and out the best in music. Look forward to your Denver visit. Just saw the James Gang play at Red Rocks - what a treat. The Denver area has some really great spots to hear live music. Godspeed in all that you endeavor. And thank you for your wonderful project! Thankful and impressed, Sue
  3. Gail Armstrong
    August 13, 2006 at 7:29pm
    You are an absolute genius. What a phenomenally great idea. I have really loved exploring your site. While in Denver, be sure to check out Swallow Hill. It is one of the only venues that supports folk music - some would say a dying musical form. Denver is actually a great music town. Let me know if you are going to gather users at any point. Thanks for making the world a better place. Peace, Gail.
  4. Jeff
    August 14, 2006 at 1:27pm
    Found this site in the Sunday paper, and that station you created for Gorillaz ROCKS!!! Keep up the awesome work!
  5. lew bradford
    August 14, 2006 at 2:48pm
    Great site so far...However I can't get Pandors to stay online while I'm working on another site.. I can listen to radio music on ITunes, Rhapsody, etc. I'm using Firefox.. As usual, there are no answers on your FAQ section ..So what's the solution??
  6. Libby
    August 14, 2006 at 4:24pm
    This is the greatest thing ever especially for an old lady that has lived in the serious boonies of Colorado and been radio deprived for thirty years. What a magnificent service. I run my stations at home, I run them at work ...and I cannot wait until another thought comes to mind and I can create a new one. Even though the children have moved to civilization, they are equally enthralled and my husband, that does not much care for music written after about 1800 is upstairs with his headphones on. I can not say enough good things. If you ever get to northwest Colorado, Meeker in particular, ask anyone where to find Libby and I will personally cheer you on. Thank you again.
  7. Lauren
    August 15, 2006 at 2:03pm
    Thank you for a great radio idea. I have gotten all of my friends hooked on Pandora radio. Some good places to hit up are cervante's (which has live music every night) at 27th and Welton, or dance-music wise Vinyl is a good place to go (at 11th and Broadway). Don't know much about lodging, but good luck and hope to see you when you swing through! Thanks! Lauren
  8. rick
    August 15, 2006 at 2:36pm
    hey tim, their are really great venues in colorado, hi, i'm rick 4rom ft. collins, justpost it where your gonna be, and i will be their, i love what pandora has going on, i can really see it's future, play on, and grow on, best of luck!
  9. Andy B
    August 16, 2006 at 10:13am
    You guys should put Meese, a great local Denver band, on your site. They are a really cool Electronic/Rock band that kind of sound like a mixture of Coldplay, Maroon 5, and sometimes the Postal Service. They are opening for The Fray in September at Red Rocks, which is a big deal considering they've only been a band for about a year and a half! Anyways, I love the site! Keep it up!
  10. Pam
    August 24, 2006 at 11:08am
    Two wonderful musicians here in Colorado: Lannie Garrett and Nina Storey

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )