Comments

1. Lauren
    June 26, 2007 at 1:03pm
    I just wanted to thank you for encouraging people to do something about this, rather than sitting back and pissing about how unfair it is. I'm calling as soon as I get out of work. Thanks again--big, big fan of the site.
  2. Mr. Tips
    June 26, 2007 at 1:05pm
    You should be playing EXTRA music today...extra loud. boo.
  3. Misdirek7ed
    June 26, 2007 at 1:07pm
    Thank you for being you Pandora. I have done all I can think of besides storming the gates of the RIAA. You have my unwavering support. I cannot thank you enough for all of the great music you have turned me onto. America is so fucking ass backwards and illogical for doing this, and I fear that the retardation will not go away. I hope you stick around forever, or else it will be a very, very sad goodbye for me.. Mr. Ekted
  4. Noah
    June 26, 2007 at 1:20pm
    I'm a fan of this site, and I'm all for contacting your congressman about this issue. I called my representives to complain and got my friends to do the same. If you indeed have less than a month left before you may potentially have to shut down, I think its irresponsible to take a full day of silence. I want the radio back.
  5. InfoMofo
    June 26, 2007 at 2:07pm
    This is just stupid. I have been using Pandora for months as an alternative to iTunes; I never realized that you guys would just take away my music player for an entire day to make some obscure political point. Your whole demonstration just points out to your loyal users that we CAN'T rely on internet radio.
  6. Rick
    June 26, 2007 at 2:46pm
    I emailed my three representatives. MANNNNNN! ITS SO QUIET HERE!!! Wish I could listen to some good music.
  7. Tim Westergren
    June 26, 2007 at 2:50pm
    Thanks a ton everyone. Sorry about the busy signals - though it's actually a good sign. That seems to be happending everywhere... the offices are getting buried in calls! This kind of grassroots reaction is an incredibly powerful force in DC. Internet radio is a young industry, but with such terrific fans we're tough :) Tim (Founder)
  8. NobodySpecial
    June 26, 2007 at 3:04pm
    *Sigh* Too bad this deal was sealed back in 2002 when the last "Save Internet Radio" decided to play ball with the evildoers. I predicted this exact scenario, as there is no other result obtainable when wrestlin' with pigs. Your only hope is massive defiance, not begging criminals for the right to exist. Of course, as long as people believe in the fallacy that DC is representative of anything other one man enslaving another, then there is no hope, as the trap has sprung shut. Freedom is never the result of enslavement, yet where does everyone go to look for it? Why they ask permission from the masters, never once thinking about being their own master. The only legitimacy the masters have is force of violence, which works only because it is fully supported by the slaves themselves. I'll point out though, that you have violated our service agreement. I did not pay you to be a political activist. Even worse, I never paid you to sell me out to the criminals who you prostrate yourself to. I'd rather see the entire music industry disappear, than to see it be used to further trap us. If streaming music goes away, you have no one to blame but yourself. On the other hand, if you claim your freedom and ignore the criminals, and keep broadcasting anyway, I'll support you all the way. When Ghandi was faced with England's enslavement, did he ask their permission to exist? No, he recognized his right to own himself, and dictated terms back to them. When ignored, he acted on his own, marching to the sea to make his own salt, knowing what was right was more important than what was allowed. Depending on the criminals who enslave us for the right to exist is just a slower form of suicide.
  9. BlueNight
    June 26, 2007 at 3:05pm
    Thank you for illustrating your plight in such a vivid and stark manner. I plan on writing handwritten letters to each of New Mexico's congresspeople. On a side note, I would love to see a Genome-driven web-based text utility where the user enters the name of a song or artist, and the program spits out a list of the first ten songs that Pandora would play. There would be no royalties to pay simply for song recommendations, and you could link to a variety of online stores from which we could buy them instantly (with a "finders fee" going to you guys, of course). Less bandwidth required than a blog post!
  10. Nathan Buda
    June 26, 2007 at 3:25pm
    I have called my congressman. I had E-mailed him when I first heard about it. He's been consistently E-mailing me and sending me letters letting me know what's going on. He seems to be listening to me. I hope I've made a difference.