Comments

1. Ballaberg
    June 26, 2007 at 8:26am
    It's fine that I - as a European - am allowed to hear nothing, too ;)
  2. Shelley
    June 26, 2007 at 9:23am
    Hi, I have called my congressman, senator and our Govenor. Senator Hatch's office had received other calls on this subject. All said they would pass my vote to save internet radio along to the proper party. I had emailed them before when I first heard of the plight. Shelley from Utah
  3. Adam
    June 26, 2007 at 9:41am
    "Call you congressperson today" She is already co-sponsoring the Internet Radio Equality Act!! Yay for living in a progressive city such as Madison, WI. -A P.S. While I'm not an internet radio broadcaster, I am a listener, and have also taken my site down for the day... Also, so have at least 1 of the major radio themed message boards.
  4. Jeff
    June 26, 2007 at 9:55am
    Hey Tim, if the law goes bad in the U.S. is there anyway you could broadcast from Canada or another country? I don't know the internet radio rules here in the Great White North, but I do know that I miss my Pandora since its gone U.S. only!!
  5. Eric T.
    June 26, 2007 at 10:03am
    Emailed my reps today (not able to call at work). I asked them to support the bill as an imperfect solution, however: does Pandora have an explanation why the CRB passed these regulations? Savenetradio claims it was 'at the request' of the RIAA, but that doesn't really explain anything- why these changes now, and in what ways did the radio net 'community' try to influence the proceedings before they were decided (some commentators argue that sites did nothing to stop the new actions and now are paying for the inaction)? Also, is there some chance of compromise? Soundexchange has a proposed alternative on its website that looks a little weak, but I wonder if this adversarial method is not going to end up being a pyrrhic victory for whoever comes out on top. Hope that the bill passes, but I'm not sure it'll last as a solution.
  6. BallZach
    June 26, 2007 at 10:20am
    Where's my music?... I've already mailed and called both of my Senators and my Representative; I don't need a day of silence. My work productivity is deteriorating rapidly. Bring the music back! You can end this suffering. Instead of music to help me focus, I'm forced to resort to intravenous coffee absorption and tantric breathing. Save me! I'm a Pandora addict! I can't take this any longer.
  7. Tiffany
    June 26, 2007 at 10:56am
    Thank you for supporting Internet Radio. :) I called my senators today. My representative already has co-sponsored the act. I hope it makes a difference. It would be tragic to see the diversity of Internet Radio disappear. Counting the hours until I get my Pandora back.... *twitch*
  8. Mike
    June 26, 2007 at 11:23am
    I called the people that mattered for my area about the Internet Equality Act. They had a few previous calls, but nothing crazy. I made sure to tell them what Pandora and others are doing today with the "silence". It's, in a way, like standing in front of us listeners with a sandwitch signs asking us to stand outside in Washington D.C. .. I'm complying and that's the message I wanted to get across. When we make or listen to music we are freeing ourselves from the world and that is exactly what big business does not want us to feel. They want to force us to listen to the same ten songs over and over as the same fifteen adds take up most of the time. Or, they want us to pay for eighty stations when they know we'll only listen to one or two. This is about money, our money, and we do have a voice. I've called eleven of my friends that I've turned on to Pandora in the past and asked them to call in as well. Your ~~VOICE~~ needs to be ~~LOUDER~~. Politicians don't pull for the underdog unless the underdog is making life hard on them. Purple Nerple time.. go go go!
  9. a.
    June 26, 2007 at 11:50am
    Called all of mine just a few minutes ago. One's mailbox is full, and several times it just would give a connection error (I hope, from a large amount of calls), the other representative took my vote and zip code down to pass to my congressman. The person on the other side of the phone actually sounded -glad- that I was calling, and knew what it was, so I am sure many are calling. Thank you for doing this, as painful as it is to be without Pandora right now, it will hopefully get more people involved. And good luck, not just to you, but to all the broadcasters out there that stand to be wiped out by the RIAA's unreasonable path.
  10. brian
    June 26, 2007 at 12:36pm
    Thank you for Pandora. What is most frustrating to me (and I hope the artists) is that at least the last 10 albums I have bought (in the last 2 months) were bought solely from my listening to Pandora. I would have never gotten the exposure to those artists, and now they have more money in there pockets because of it. Thank goodness for them. The sad thing is, is that I have asked 10 people the same question today, and have all said that their buying habits have been heavily influenced by internet radio. Here's to hoping that the RIAA doesn't win.