CollegeLogos.png
We’ve had a great time in the past year visiting college campuses all across the country. I’ve given lectures to music classes, business school classes, entrepreneur clubs, engineering groups… you name it. We’ve held discussions on everything from starting and financing your own company, to music theory to product design, to digital rights management to RIAA lawsuits… and everything in between. Always a great experience to speak directly with the generation on the cutting edge of digital media.
We’re looking forward to more this year… already plans for Northwestern, USC, UCLA, Columbia, Tennessee, Georgia and more. If you’re faculty or staff, or an enterprising student or alumnus interested in getting involved, drop us a note. We’ll be traveling throughout the year and are always looking for help.
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Terry Stuart
    April 30, 2008 at 2:10pm
    Tim, Thank you so much for Pandora.com. I am a new listener and I really enjoy the music that is played. I have been listening for several weeks or more and you have the kind of music that I like. One day I went to the website and the first song that I heard was a real favorite of mine. I had this song on a record but I don't have the album anymore, but now I do, thanks to Pandora. I like music mostly from the 30's on up through to 1955, and some of the music of the mid 50's through the early 60's such as The Four Aces, Chubby Checker, Connie Francis, you know what period I am talking about. The singers and bands back in the "Golden Era" had something that today's music doesn't have- a way that touches your emotions as you listen. There have been a couple songs that were played that really touched me to where I cried as I listened. It's strange that I cry when I am real happy but I can't help it. Enough on that. I have already placed a number of stations in my registry so as to go back to them whenever I wish. I began to collect 78 rpm records but since listening to Pandora your station has already helped me collect the music from them. Ella Fitzgerald is someone that I have heard a number of times on Pandora, but her voice doesn't sound the same as when she sang "A Tisket, A Tasket" from an Abbott and Costello movie. Do you have any of her music from the early 40's? Since I found Pandora I will be a permanent listener. Keep playing the music you play. Pandora makes my day when I listen in. Thank you so much.
  2. Aaron
    May 01, 2008 at 5:01am
    Hey, my attention was caught when you mentioned going to business classes/ entrepreneurship clubs about starting and financing businesses. I am a part of a international student business organization and feel that you (Pandora) could offer more points of view, and opportunity, in the business world beyond that of just "big business". Please, I would like to get in touch about when Pandora will be in the Northwest region, I am currently a student in Oregon. Thank you, Aaron Wayne
  3. Kim
    May 01, 2008 at 11:32am
    Hi Aaron, Thanks for letting us know we have a fan in Oregon! I'd love to learn more about your International Business Organization and see if we can arrange to have Tim make his way out to your campus to speak! Please contact me directly at kim@pandora.com. Thanks again! Kim from Pandora
  4. Jordan Arnold
    May 01, 2008 at 11:47am
    that was great
  5. Sam Lawrence
    May 01, 2008 at 11:31pm
    Hey Tim, I also posted on your personal Pandora page, but in case you don't get to it, just letting you know that we'd love to have you come to Georgia Tech and talk. I think there are a lot of students here that could really get behind the project and would be interested in learning more about it. If you'd like to talk about how we can set something up, just shoot me an e-mail at samlawrence@gatech.edu. Thanks!
  6. Tim Westergren
    May 02, 2008 at 9:05am
    Dear Terry - Thanks so much for writing such a wonderful post. THis is the stuff that really keeps us going. There truly is nothing like music to touch the soul. We'll happily track down some early Ella. Any particular tracks/recordings you have in mind? If so, please send suggestions to: suggest-music@pandora.com It's great to have you as a Pandora listener... Cheers. Tim
  7. carolyn
    May 02, 2008 at 3:13pm
    Hi, Did Tim go to highschool or college in Michigan? I remember that name from my school days? Carolyn
  8. Dick Sivula
    May 05, 2008 at 5:36am
    I enjoy the ease of listening to the music.Always have been a fan of Hank Williams an the Beatles.Thanks for the good job
  9. Beth Sindaco
    May 07, 2008 at 10:42am
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to the University of Scranton, Scranton PA. Home of "The Office"! "Aint' no party like a Scranton Party, cuz a Scranton party never stops!!" Thanks for the music. This is a brilliant idea.
  10. Daune
    May 08, 2008 at 10:15am
    Hi, I've been enjoying pandora for a while now, however, I do not understand WHY it is not playing the ACTUAL seed songs that I have listed. Sure, I like John Legend, but I would like to hear the songs I have requested, not the "B" side tracks. Also, WHY are songs being cut off in the middle of the track? It has started doing that about every five to six songs, and will just stop playing and pause for about 30 seconds trying to find another song. Why not just finish playing the one that was already good? Strange. Who are the programmers anyway?