Sound the trumpets! Pandora and the Music Genome Project now officially include a great collection of classical recordings from across all of the major periods of classical music… and we are furiously adding more. For all those of you who typed ‘Mozart’, we can now promise you a musical reply 🙂
On Tuesday night we held a launch party for Classical music at the Regency Center in San Francisco. What a special evening it was, including, for lack of a more descriptive term, a three-dimensional Pandora performance, video to follow soon. About 300 people came for a night of ‘live Pandora’ in the capable hands of our chief musicologist Nolan Gasser,the 36-piece Jubilate Orchestra from our hometown of Oakland, and former lead trumpeter for the Canadian brass, Jens Lindemann. And suitably sponsored by our great partner Bose.
ClassicalLaunch1.jpg
What a great evening. Great food, conversation, and music. We hope this will be the beginning of a long and rich relationship with classical music and the world that surrounds it. Rather than try to describe the event, I’ll let the video do the talking. In the meantime, feast yourselves on Pandora’s new, 20,000 recording-strong and fast growing collection of classical tunes.
Enjoy!
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Randy
    November 22, 2007 at 12:40am
    Thank you EVER so much; I just LOVE my Pandora station: { a short quote from my --as YET-- "private" "Station Description" }..... but then I keep "VARIETY" & FRANKLY; that's what I LIKE about pandora; is -as it's creators INTENDED- it's "EXPOSURE" to me, of new artists; that withOUT pandora I would not have been EXPOSED to; "Widening my HORIZONS" as it were. ( cool :-) WAY cool.
  2. wendopolis
    November 22, 2007 at 10:09am
    Yay! Thanks so much for adding the Classical genre!
  3. Karen
    November 22, 2007 at 6:44pm
    Thank you for adding this Genre. I really appreciate it. I have been trying to Mozart's Mass in C minor - the soprano Arias - 'Laudamus Te' and 'Et incarnatus est' to add to my radio. I entered the composition names but I can't seem to find them. Am i not searching right?
  4. Beth Hamm
    November 23, 2007 at 10:39pm
    I really like the music I'm so happy to know that Classical music can be played on the Pandora now?bye for now
  5. kagitsune
    November 24, 2007 at 8:04pm
    Wow, I can't wait to see who comes out of my 2-minute old Tchaikovsky station! Thanks so much for releasing this...my love of classical has been rekindled! ^^
  6. cicero3558
    November 26, 2007 at 8:29am
    Brilliant, what a relief this is! Thank you to the entire Pandora team for making this a reality. Ahhhh... *dives in*
  7. Stephanie
    November 26, 2007 at 12:03pm
    I can't tell you how long I've waited to hear this!
  8. T
    November 26, 2007 at 4:37pm
    Much anticipated! Thanks!
  9. Qian
    November 28, 2007 at 10:29am
    Cheers for diversity. Here's fuel for inclusion: In classical art music, 'genre' refers to instrumentation as much as style. For example, string quartet is a genre; solo voice with piano accompaniment is another. Will world music be next?
  10. marc
    November 28, 2007 at 3:11pm
    Nice addition, I like to mix things up a bit, but putting Satie into my low-key pop mix leads to a three or four song block of Bartok, Debussy, etc. I like the pieces, and they fit into the mix well, but is there a way to intersperse them? thanks

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )