Dear Chicagoans –
I’ve been looking forward to the Apple store talk this coming Tuesday in the windy city. Unfortunately, for personal reasons I have be in California on Tuesday. I will be ably replaced by Tom Conrad, our CTO. Tom runs engineering at Pandora, so he’s ultimately the wizard behind the application. I dare you to stump him with technical questions. He’s been with us from the very beginning of Pandora, so he’ll also talk about our history and where Pandora is heading.
Sorry I can’t make it, but I’m already talking with the store about coming in the new year. In the meantime, I encourage you to drop by to meet with Tom. You’ll enjoy his talk. He’s much smarter than I am…
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Steven Klassen
    December 05, 2008 at 2:11pm
    Sorry to hear you won't be attending, but it looks like my trip to Chicago will overlap, so I should be able to make it. =)
  2. Jamon
    December 06, 2008 at 8:38am
    Chicagoeans can easily stump him. All they have to ask is when will Pandora be available for Windows Mobile. Although that may not be very appropriate in an Apple store :)
  3. KP
    December 07, 2008 at 9:58am
    lol jamon
  4. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 08, 2008 at 2:00pm
    Hey Oraclemark, Not a bad idea at all--we're always trying to expand availability and a standalone device would be king. We do have the Chumby and the Squeezebox (though these are not portable) as well as the iPhone (which is not a dedicated device, obviously). But yeah, something portable to be used only for Pandora--it seems inevitable but we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for writing. -A
  5. lucia
    December 08, 2008 at 5:50pm
    can u add latin cgristian music as a category
  6. BuzzinHeart
    December 09, 2008 at 8:47am
    a little too much computer talk. Ease up, alot of untrained 'button pushers'out here. Li'l tune down to 'home talk' Style. We Love Music too,and we'll muttle thru....... And I Appreciate having this, or any access. Vary Refreshing! (we so, spill bad too) What's a URL anyway? Talk to me Baby! BuzzinHeart.
  7. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 09, 2008 at 9:54am
    Hi folks, @Lucia--Do you mean Christian music sung in Latin? Or Latino artists playing Christian music? Either way I think we might have you covered! If you can't find an artist you're looking for, just write to suggest-music@pandora.com with your recommendation. You can also try a search for Gregorian chant and see if that's what you're looking for... @Buzzin--I can be kind of lacking in tech acumen, so I totally feel you on this! Take care, A
  8. shizernitter
    December 11, 2008 at 12:35pm
    fuck this shit it for real
  9. Rob
    December 11, 2008 at 3:21pm
    When might we expect mobile support on the Blackberry? Seems like it is more than capable of handling it.
  10. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 11, 2008 at 3:52pm
    The Blackberry can definitely handle Pandora from a technical standpoint. Availability is usually a question of what the mobile providers want to do. So all I can say for now, is there's several new devices on the horizon, so do stay tuned with us! -A

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )