Dear Listeners,

I’m very excited to share the news that Pandora is now offering gift subscriptions! You can buy them at www.pandora.com/gifting and you have the option to choose between a printable or an equally elegant email version. The cost of a gift subscription is $36 for a one-year subscription to Pandora One.

Some of you are already familiar with Pandora One, but for those who are not here’s a quick snapshot of what it offers:

• Unlimited Listening, No Advertising -There’s no monthly listening limit and it is completely free of ads.
  • High Quality Audio – Experience 192K bits per second audio. More bits mean better sounding music.
  • Easy Access – Play Pandora stations right from the Pandora One desktop application. No more browser window.
  • Custom skins – Surround the Pandora tuner with a customized theme.

We’ve been looking forward to these for a long time ourselves, and have tried to make them really easy to use. We think it’s the perfect gift for all sorts of occasions (especially for all of you last-minute shoppers!). To learn more visit http://www.pandora.com/gifting.

We hope you’ll be as excited as we are to give someone the gift of personalized radio.

Enjoy!

Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Kris
    October 18, 2010 at 3:59pm
    Dear Tim, I listen to Pandora at work & home on my computer but can`not get you on my phone. I have a Samsung Mythic and when I tried to download your site it said I was`nt compatable. What`s that all about. Kris
  2. JD
    October 19, 2010 at 7:27am
    I didn't know where else to ask this but why does Pandora think I'm in CA when I'm really in NY? I visited CA last month and ever since then it thinks I'm still there. It's not a big deal for me but I think your advertisers would mind.
  3. Joseph Duran
    October 20, 2010 at 11:58am
    Have been tryin to email lyrics, says succefully been sent but were never recieved.
  4. J Armstrong
    October 20, 2010 at 3:39pm
    Just joined Pandora on mobile and laptop!! I love it!! Where have I been? Glad I found Pandora, makes the day go by so quick with great tunes!! Thanks, J.A. in Tempe
  5. Magess
    October 20, 2010 at 6:10pm
    The Pandora One app doesn't have nearly as many features as the web version. Will you be adding the ability to send out tweets of the track you're listening to and scroll through music you've listened to to rate it in case you forgot? Also to select what to include in the Quick Mix? And to add variety to a channel?
  6. Lin
    October 21, 2010 at 2:31am
    Pandora is helping me clean the screen porch. Music is the ONLY thing that gets me through tasks I detest, and Pandora gives me what I enjoy without even searching. I feel like such a chowderhead for not tuning in sooner! There is no telling how much money I have spent on iTunes on music that sounded OK in the sample, but turned out to be either a complete yawner or total trash. NOW I see what all the fuss is about. Thanks. Really.
  7. floyd
    October 21, 2010 at 7:33am
    can you please add Bug Toast (Portland, OR) to your playlists?
  8. Doug
    October 21, 2010 at 10:16am
    I've only recently been turned onto Pandora, but I'm a big fan. Having it now on my Tivo makes me want to upgrade and gift it to a couple of Tivo-toting family members. However, the current bit-rate is very poor when piped through a home audio system. According to your page, Pandora One does not stream the improved audio to Tivo boxes. Is this true? To me, it's a deal breaker on whether or not Pandora One is worth it.
  9. danny
    October 22, 2010 at 5:42pm
    My pandora Radio goes in and out and will not play continously
  10. Brittany
    October 23, 2010 at 12:50pm
    I have a suggestion. I know a lot about music theory and stuff like that, and a lot of times there is a song that comes up on my Pandora account that know I don't like for a specific reason. If I were able to specify that reason, Pandora wouldn't have to really guess at it. So I think it would be helpful if you had the option to 1) just thumbs down the song if you don't know why you don't like it or just don't have time to select a reason, or 2) you could go down a checklist and select the exact reason(s) you don't like the song, if you already know the correct terminology and don't mind taking the time to go down the list. I think this would really help cut out the guesswork of trying to figure out which songs people would like and not like, and help you to personalize your station much more quickly.