At Pandora we devote a lot of our time to thinking about two things: personalizing your stations to best match your tastes, and how to make Pandora available everywhere you want to listen. Today I wanted to give you a little update about some of the exciting work we’ve been doing making Pandora available everywhere.

You probably know that we’ve embraced mobile in a big way with popular applications for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Palm. What you may not know is that we didn’t stop there. Over the course of the last year we’ve been expanding our presence in living rooms by integrating with a variety of televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater systems and digital media adapters. We’ve been working with great partners like Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Vizio, Roku, TiVo, LG and many more to make it really easy to bring Pandora into your living room where you can listen to and control your personal stations right from your television’s remote control.

Today we’re expanding again and we’re thrilled to announce that Pandora is coming to Google TV. Google TV combines the best of the web with the best of TV in one easy to use entertainment experience, giving users access to all of their favorite content from the biggest and brightest screen in their house. Google TV devices will be available in October, including a TV and Blu-Ray player from Sony and a companion box from Logitech.

We’re excited about what the Google TV platform means for the future of the Consumer Electronics device industry and for the last few months we’ve been working together with the Google TV team to deliver a Pandora experience that was built to take full advantage of the TV experience. With Pandora for Google TV you can easily tune in to the personalized stations you’ve created on the web or on your phone, listen, and rate songs with a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down. You can even create new stations right on Google TV. It’s great for parties too — as you listen, the screen updates with big beautiful album art and information that illustrates what’s playing – a great conversation piece for you and your guests.

More than 30% of all radio listening takes place in the home so it is an important place for Pandora to be. We’re excited to be working with Google to expand our presence in the living room and be sure to look out for Pandora on Google TV when products from Sony and Logitech start shipping this month.

Comments

1. Jason
    April 30, 2011 at 8:51am
    I'm also waiting for a Windows Media Center plugin.
  2. Jessica
    May 05, 2011 at 7:39am
    Add another vote to make Pandora Wii console compatible! Thanks.
  3. Robert
    May 06, 2011 at 6:45am
    Pandora. Wii. Just do it.
  4. will allen
    May 28, 2011 at 3:28am
    love pandora on ipod and on other devices but its not on the wii or other game systems and personaly I think you possibly can get alot of customers.
  5. caleb
    June 01, 2011 at 7:58pm
    hay guys idk if this is the right place to ask but my pandora is randomly playing like top 50 hits in between As I lie dying stations, well pretty much everyone, and it rly makes me angry cause i HATE TOP 50 songs the real radio sux hense why i use this, is there a option i picked im unawear of or somthing?
  6. William B.
    June 02, 2011 at 7:55pm
    I beg of you, please make Pandora for Wii. Me love you long time! Thanks! :)
  7. Tudor ApMadoc
    June 03, 2011 at 9:57am
    Another vote for Pandora Plug-in for Media center!
  8. pk386
    June 03, 2011 at 3:42pm
    Better late than never. +1 for Wii channel
  9. Ross
    June 05, 2011 at 8:16am
    This is very exciting news about Google TV. I hope that like many others posting here, Pandora comes out with a Media Center version. Just like paying $3 a month for commercial free Pandora to make the experience more enjoyable, I have spent a considerable amount of time, effort and money building an integrated house with my Media Center. I look forward to hopefully reading a press release in the near future integrating Pandora with Media Center. P.S. My house is also wired up with SONOS which is one of the best hookups invented for Home Theater, however as a multitasker I sometimes want to listen to Pandora, while displaying the Slideshow while reading on my Kindle
  10. Katrina
    June 14, 2011 at 8:35pm
    Please make a deal with Nintendo for the Wii or however that works.