At Pandora we devote a lot of our time to thinking about two things: personalizing your stations to best match your tastes, and how to make Pandora available everywhere you want to listen. Today I wanted to give you a little update about some of the exciting work we’ve been doing making Pandora available everywhere.

You probably know that we’ve embraced mobile in a big way with popular applications for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Palm. What you may not know is that we didn’t stop there. Over the course of the last year we’ve been expanding our presence in living rooms by integrating with a variety of televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater systems and digital media adapters. We’ve been working with great partners like Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Vizio, Roku, TiVo, LG and many more to make it really easy to bring Pandora into your living room where you can listen to and control your personal stations right from your television’s remote control.

Today we’re expanding again and we’re thrilled to announce that Pandora is coming to Google TV. Google TV combines the best of the web with the best of TV in one easy to use entertainment experience, giving users access to all of their favorite content from the biggest and brightest screen in their house. Google TV devices will be available in October, including a TV and Blu-Ray player from Sony and a companion box from Logitech.

We’re excited about what the Google TV platform means for the future of the Consumer Electronics device industry and for the last few months we’ve been working together with the Google TV team to deliver a Pandora experience that was built to take full advantage of the TV experience. With Pandora for Google TV you can easily tune in to the personalized stations you’ve created on the web or on your phone, listen, and rate songs with a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down. You can even create new stations right on Google TV. It’s great for parties too — as you listen, the screen updates with big beautiful album art and information that illustrates what’s playing – a great conversation piece for you and your guests.

More than 30% of all radio listening takes place in the home so it is an important place for Pandora to be. We’re excited to be working with Google to expand our presence in the living room and be sure to look out for Pandora on Google TV when products from Sony and Logitech start shipping this month.

Comments

1. Alberto Martinez
    January 29, 2011 at 11:08pm
    I have pandora one already and use it with all my equipment, but one, the wii. It will be great if you guys can develope one free chanel for wii that gives access to people to their pandora paid/free account. Like above user said, if streaming video through netflix, what is stopping pandora from streaming lower bandwidth consuming data?
  2. WeWantWii
    January 30, 2011 at 10:17am
    I currently am stream Pandora from my Sony Blueray along with Netflix, etc. I frequently use a lpatop in my gameroom to stream Pandora, but that's a big hastle. If I had Pandora available on the Wii, I would definitely subscribe and use more often. Please, bring Pandora to Wii.
  3. Allison
    February 02, 2011 at 6:31am
    I would love Pandora on the Xbox 360, also. Thanks
  4. Jake
    February 05, 2011 at 11:09am
    Just like Steve above, my Samsung BD-1600 BluRay player now locks up when there is a commercial break. the only fix appears to power down the player and start all over again. This makes Pandora unusable. I just updated the player to the latest Samsung firmware: BEv2.13_101204A_XAA
  5. Tim
    February 07, 2011 at 4:25pm
    Pandora App on the wii would be nice. I know it can stream music over Wi-fi due to TVersity from my computer which is free. Better do it before some home brewer makes a poorer version then the actual company can.
  6. Tom M.
    February 10, 2011 at 7:39am
    Looking for Pandora plugin for Windows Media Center 7...? Guess from the looks of this page, there's a lot of people looking for the same thing. Add me to it! I have Windows Media Center as my main computer/server in the living room with XBox 360 extenders...but no Pandora!??
  7. terry wellington
    February 10, 2011 at 8:28am
    How about Pandora for Windows Media Center and the DME-2000
  8. Barbara Oxley
    February 24, 2011 at 7:19am
    Just joined yesterday, Feb. 23rd. And since I'm an older gr. grandma on Facebook and called Maxine, I love the Big Band era. All the old ones. Am alone now after 62 years married to the same person. Mother of two boys who are 55 and 53. Their choices would probably be Chicago and/or Beatles. I love the music and hope to learn more about Pandora little by little. Am 81, and still part time employed in office work. Thank you for this kind of music offering. I also like some country and some classic. And gospel is a favorite. Have a good day.
  9. Andy
    February 26, 2011 at 6:47am
    Yes, Pandora for the Wii, plz. Thx. L8r.
  10. Seana