Dear listeners –

After months of furious development, this morning we’re launching a major new initiative on Pandora.

As you may know, we’ve tried for a while now to figure out how to incorporate the more social aspects of music into our service. Sharing music is, after all, one of life’s great pleasures.

The idea behind today’s update is to make it really easy to share your Pandora stations and music discoveries with your friends – and vice versa. Now your friends can be a daily source of inspiration for new stations and music discovery. I’ve been testing out the service while we were developing it and I have to say it really brings a wonderful new human dimension to the listening experience.

To make this truly easy for you, we’ve partnered with the experts at Facebook. Starting today, you can easily link your experience on Pandora with your friends on Facebook. This quickly brings your Facebook friend list into Pandora along with your Facebook profile picture. It quite literally puts a whole new face on Pandora.

Know that this is entirely optional. Even though we’re excited about the new dimension this adds to Pandora, we want to be very respectful of your privacy. If you don’t want to bring your Facebook world into Pandora, just opt out. It will disappear forever. Period.

As always, and maybe on this one more than ever, we’re eager to hear what you think.

Enjoy!

Tim (Founder)
P.S. For more detail, feel free to check out: blog.pandora.com/faq/contents/10010.html

Comments

1. Mattman
    June 16, 2010 at 7:12pm
    I didn't know where else to post a suggestion, for a band to be connected to Pandora. I don't know what about y'all have to do to get band's music on your site, whether you have to search yourself or if the bands/labels offer their music to you. But I thought I'd suggest getting some songs from Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein's new band. 'Gorgeous Frankenstein'. It's a lot heavier than the current 'Misfits' with Jerry Only. Much more "balls to the walls!" They're actually opening for Danzig June 19th at the trocadero theatre in Philadelphia, PA. Take care, stay strong. Love, peace, chicken grease. :)
  2. Sarah
    June 17, 2010 at 2:52pm
    I think this is WONDERFUL! I'm glad that Tim and everyone else at Pandora is so creative! Thank you all for enhancing our lives with this creative way of getting music people can enjoy for free! This is truly fantastic. I can also now easily share new songs that I've found with my friends on facebook, or discover them through seeing what my friends listen to! So all in all, THANK YOU!!!! --one enthusiastic supporter of Pandora
  3. Jordan 15
    June 23, 2010 at 1:10am
    good luck
  4. Kyle
    June 29, 2010 at 4:22am
    ALL I WANT FROM PANDORA : I want to save my quickmixes... you know name a quickmix and be able to save it. Could click on diff quickmixes and have different mixes of stations. I spend a lot of time checking those boxes depending on which friends/scene I'm at. Plus it would be fun and should be pretty easy for you guys to set that up.
  5. Clayton Sowell
    June 29, 2010 at 12:14pm
    I love Pandora. The only thing I ask for, is if you will make it for the HTC Pure :).
  6. Joe
    July 01, 2010 at 6:51am
    We also partnered with Facebook for our Social Security Disability company and the experience has been great.
  7. James
    July 09, 2010 at 6:40pm
    Thought this would be a cool program to use, it was preinstalled on my Hp computer so I thought I would check it. Well gonna uninstall it I can get free unlimited internet radio from alot of differnent internet sites why would I use yours if I can only get 40 hrs a month then have to pay what a rip opp
  8. Nemeaux
    July 12, 2010 at 12:45pm
    Okay, so here's what I have noticed after reading several dozen comments (no, I haven't read them all) on here...Pandora has automatically "opted-in" everyone to share their Pandora listening experince with Facebook. And the overwhelming majority of comments about this are negative. All the answers I see form Pandora moderators is the information needed to opt-out, which is appreciated but doesn't address the core issue, from Facebook sharing of information. Here is a direct question to Joe and all his minions at Pandora: Why is "OPT-IN" the default rather than "OPT-OUT"? By having "OPT-IN" as the default you are saying Pandora doesn't respect the privacy of its users. You have now lost our trust. Is that how Pandora wants to be known? Dave
  9. shelly
    July 27, 2010 at 10:36pm
    I mostly listen to Latin music preferably salsa and WOW what great selections you have. I can't put it down until my battery dies. a million thank yous...
  10. Rochi Pascual
    July 29, 2010 at 6:24pm
    This radio is really awesome, I love it!! I can listen the music that I like so much. Rochi