We celebrated a big milestone for the company last week. Sometime late Thursday evening our 50 millionth listener registered for Pandora!
Amazing to us how this has all happened by word of mouth.

The growth of mobile has clearly helped a ton. An ever-increasing number of folks are coming to Pandora for the first time on a smartphone or a blue-ray player, or a connected home audio device. Lots more evening and weekend usage. The vision for Pandora anytime, anywhere is really starting to take shape…

Thanks again for listening, and for spreading the word! Next stop 100,000,000!

Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Michael Grigsby
    April 03, 2010 at 10:38pm
    I started using Pandora because many of my teachers at my school where using it to entertain the students. Congrats and keep up the good work !
  2. Danilo Diaz
    April 04, 2010 at 11:57pm
    Wow 50 million.What a money. Congratulations to all of you.
  3. Conrad
    April 05, 2010 at 12:44am
    I got Pandora today on my Blueberry Storm: it is fantastic! Nothing like stereo music radio on the go, whereever one needs it or wants to listen. I didn't even know it existed until my son told me about it. He has it in his Droid device.
  4. The P
    April 05, 2010 at 4:09am
    If mobile internet would be cheaper you would definitely hit the 100 million!
  5. Kenneth Harris
    April 05, 2010 at 1:05pm
    Well let me just say i had another internet music app but it was nowhere near as good as this. I listen to it in the car, through my bluetooth. Im almost ready to give up my xm radio, they talk to much. Yours on the other hand is the perfect blend of whatever i want to listen to. Please keep up the good work i have told so many people about pandora. Thanks again kenneth
  6. Online Poker
    April 06, 2010 at 2:00am
    A pleasant day to all... I am Ms. Poker, I am also a pandora subscriber... I am happy that me and my freiends will enjoy pandora sites and apllication on our phones... I am a kind of person who is willing to sacrifice almost everything for my love and my beliefs. Other than an enterpreneur I also dream of becoming a technologist, expert in computers and internet... To somehow fullfill my dream I find time discovering cool stuffs in the internet like calgary seo. Learning new ideas and dicovering something new is really fun. I also like to play poker, so everyday I really spend an hour or two playing Online Poker with my friends.
  7. Au Pair
    April 06, 2010 at 11:13am
    It's no surprise that 50 million was hit. I love Pandora. Where else can you go, type in a song you like and then let it play. I am perfecting numerous stations with the like and dislike buttons. I love it. Best of luck on getting the next 50 million people. You can count on me to at least tell all my friends!
  8. Eddy
    April 06, 2010 at 5:28pm
    Congrats!!! That's so awesome!! I am a huge fan of Pandora. Keep up the good work!
  9. Mitch Devine
    April 09, 2010 at 11:24am
    Congratulations on a terrific service. I'm one of the more recent subscribers. How long did it take to get to 50 million? All on word of mouth? Well done.
  10. Dan Nieman
    April 12, 2010 at 12:40pm
    Are there any plans to have an app for Facebook or Twitter? By the Way congrats!