We celebrated a big milestone for the company last week. Sometime late Thursday evening our 50 millionth listener registered for Pandora!
Amazing to us how this has all happened by word of mouth.

The growth of mobile has clearly helped a ton. An ever-increasing number of folks are coming to Pandora for the first time on a smartphone or a blue-ray player, or a connected home audio device. Lots more evening and weekend usage. The vision for Pandora anytime, anywhere is really starting to take shape…

Thanks again for listening, and for spreading the word! Next stop 100,000,000!

Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Josh
    April 01, 2010 at 3:30pm
    Gratz Tim! Amazing product!
  2. bill
    April 01, 2010 at 3:55pm
    You should expand your mobile phone capatability department. Specifically the HTC HD2.
  3. The Chadd
    April 01, 2010 at 4:40pm
    Pandora is by far the best internet *radio* I have used, particularly with picking similar music based on selections. No wonder you hit 50M! We listen on evenings and weekends, and especially while I'm brewing up some beer. Cheers!
  4. Lynne
    April 01, 2010 at 7:37pm
    Just got an iPod Touch. Am so excited to listen to be able to listen on the go now. I used to have Pandora status message Wednesday on FB. Really, love the site - can't be wrong at 50 million!
  5. DiBo
    April 02, 2010 at 1:21am
    Hello, I have been subscribed to pandora one for almost a year now. Recently, I obtained an AT&T HTC Fuze, and I would love to be able to enjoy my personalized stations in my car too! Keep up the good work!
  6. Cameron Williams
    April 02, 2010 at 8:06am
    You know you'd hit 100,000,000 a lot sooner if you started going international again.
  7. Tony
    April 02, 2010 at 10:33am
    Congratulations on 50 Million, If you're able to get past the international licensing issues I'm sure you'll be able to increase that by an order of magnitude. Almost everyone I know who's tried Pandora.com loves it. Those who don't tend not to know how to use it or are too cheap to pay the subscription fee and don't like the free service limitations.
  8. Bill Overgard
    April 02, 2010 at 12:56pm
    Congratulations, you have done an amazing job. Great vision, great products, excellent execution and a superb lobbying effort. The next 50 m should be much easier. Bill Overgard (aka Steve's father-in- law)
  9. Ian Eisenberg
    April 02, 2010 at 4:41pm
    Hi, thank you very much. good job. Ian Eisenberg
  10. dave
    April 03, 2010 at 1:38pm
    i just found out about this last night while dining with some friends..i am thrilled i can tailor my own music this rocks!!!