IMG_0551.jpgBack from the desert…

Had a great gathering with Arizonians last Sunday at the Rialto Theatre in downtown Tucson.

As always, the get togethers in smaller towns have a certain special character. About 150 braved driving rain and howling wind to make it out. Tons of tons of questions – it seemed we could have gone on into the night, but I didn’t want to make people miss the Oscars !

Lots of talk about the playlist methodology – especially about variety/repetition, an issue we’re really focused on. It’s clear that some stations on Pandora have become too narrow, and we need to figure that out.

A number of folks also asked about the prospect for an open API, to allow individual developers to start building on the platform. We’re not there yet, but it’s certainly food for thought.

It was also great to meet a handful of folks from the local radio station – clearly looking to find ways to help evolve broadcast radio onto the web. One Dj in attendance asked about access to local ‘thumb’ information so he could use it to help build relevant playlists for his audience. Interesting.

Met a couple grad students working on some interesting pattern matching stuff too.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out. It was a pleasure meeting all of you…

Next up is Seattle on Wednesday this week. 7pm at the Public Library. Should be fun – St.¬†Patrick’s Day!

Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. S!ick
    March 16, 2010 at 7:41pm
    It was great to meet you, and I hope to again (whether here in Arizona or elsewhere)! I had no interest in the Oscars....I was hoping you had time after the "town hall" to go to a spot , grab some coffee, and put up with us all a little more. I've been on-air for over thirty years, and it has become very stagnant. I was hoping there might be opportunities to provide non-musical content for your upcoming projects and services and, if so, to see if I could be a part of that somehow. Thanks for coming. I'm looking forward to the next time... S!ick (pic) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4791680&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=701754533&id=701754533
  2. Tony
    March 18, 2010 at 7:20am
    It's good to see you out on the road again and updating the Blogs. I look forward to your next Bay Area event.
  3. leslie
    March 18, 2010 at 10:10am
    hi. read about your perseverance over the years. so glad you are finding success. you have an AMAZING product. we are all ADDICTED!!! that said, we are dying to play you @ our place of business. & willing to pay! do you have plans to offer such a service or do you know of anyone who has something similiar? we LOVE PANDORA & want it all day long!!! & so do our customers. please advise ;)
  4. Donna Thompson
    March 18, 2010 at 5:35pm
    This is a great thing here Tim...Pandora is a wonderful thing..I love it and i have shared it with friends and family.. Looking forward to seeing you in South Florida..good luck and much success...Donna
  5. Tiffany Lindsey
    March 19, 2010 at 5:06pm
    Hi! I was just wondering if you had thought about making a music player that people could use on their blogs? I think it would be a cool thing to do, and it would advertise to the people that read other people's blogs. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that idea out there. Thanks, Tiffany Lindsey
  6. kindredscents
    March 20, 2010 at 2:49pm
    Tim, That is a very interesting idea, opening up with API. I am sure it has its disadvantages for you and perhaps your business, but that can propel this thing to places unimaginable (and maybe untended?). Anyway, never had the chance to thank you for your work. so Thank You! KS
  7. Barbara King
    March 21, 2010 at 7:24pm
    Tim, I love the R&B , and I think I love You Too. I have never blogged in my life, however you have brought me such joy that I have to say Love Ya! Keep up the wonderful work. Best new fan, God Bless you, and the other wonderful people that continue to make, listening to good talent possible. DON"T STOP!!!! Babbs
  8. david
    March 25, 2010 at 3:05pm
    this pandora is incredible,i see so many people so excited about it.really brings a lot of joy. Parenting a Child Parenting a Child
  9. Kevin Seal
    March 25, 2010 at 5:21pm
    @Leslie -- at this point, our license doesn't cover that type of use, alas. We would love to see this happen, but there's nothing we can announce at this point. @Tiffany -- thanks for the suggestion. good food for thought. @KindredScents and Barbara King (Babbs) -- very kind of you! you're quite welcome.
  10. Christina
    April 03, 2010 at 11:47am
    I have some band suggestions to add to pandora! They are sleeping with sirens and black veil brides

Reply to Michael Cancel Reply