Man, what a night in NYC. Almost 400 people jammed into the New World Stage theater for a lively conversation.

Tons of great comments and feedback. There was definitely a lot of interest in the advertising side of our business – I guess that’s not surprising in NY – how we thought about it both from an economic standpoint, an advertiser standpoint, and a user standpoint. Lots of folks are interested in the ability to target ads over time -both to make them more relevant, and more valuable.

Pandora has over 80 people working just on that part of our business. It’s really key for us to optimize that in order to keep up with the incredible growth – which just keeps going and going… just crossed 50 million registered listeners!!!

Also spent a good while talking with folks afterwards about various new projects. One thing is clear, there are many entrepreneurs entering the music space now… particularly in the area of artist services. Trying to crack the nut on how to help artists make the web work for them.

There continues to be a great response to our plans (and they are still in the ‘plan’ stage) to bring some more targeted artist info to listeners (eg. local concerts).

Thanks again to all who braved the rain to make it out…

Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Luis Thenier
    June 08, 2010 at 4:48pm
    Tim,,Congratulations!! for join Iphone OS4,I love the seleccion of Music u guys have,Im latin Music Producer and I work Free lance for Diferent Companies,Have a Nice Day! and GOD Bless all workers in PANDORAAA!!!:)
  2. will jaskowiak
    June 08, 2010 at 6:21pm
    Just a note to advise you that the bio for Ry Cooder gives info regarding Elmer Bernstein.
  3. Paul Trent
    June 08, 2010 at 8:56pm
    Tim... Pandora is amazing...you have done a great service for modern day society
  4. shane
    June 09, 2010 at 6:53am
    where is the widespread panic? heard one song that it. please don't tell me this is like slacker radio.
  5. Bill Myers
    June 11, 2010 at 6:52am
    What can I say just a great app
  6. rshool
    June 14, 2010 at 4:43pm
    tim, very nice app, luv it in fact. but we need to the ability to make requests. all radio station take requests take care rich
  7. Larry Lintner
    June 15, 2010 at 8:18am
    I just tuned into Pandora (got an e-mail from a friend to try it), I LOVE IT! Keep up the fantastic work, this is a great site that I will probably use for the rest of my life...
  8. Gina Carano
    June 16, 2010 at 5:37pm
    Love the app. I bet I was the 50 millionth person since I seem to be one of the last people to actually catch up on the technology! lol
  9. John
    August 10, 2010 at 8:15pm
    I just thought I'd mention this, New York State is Way More than just NYC... As you depart Manhattan look Northwest, you will find The Rest of the State...! FYI
  10. Jeanne
    August 11, 2010 at 7:57am
    Hi. I couldn't figure out how to send you a message, so I wrote it here. Puerto Rico is not in your state list. Yeah, I know we are not a state actually, but a territory. Anyway, Pandora has a lot of fans in the island. It would be great to be able to listen to puertorrican spanish rock bands such as Fiel a la Vega, La Secta and others. Thanks for such a great work.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )