Man, what a night in NYC. Almost 400 people jammed into the New World Stage theater for a lively conversation.

Tons of great comments and feedback. There was definitely a lot of interest in the advertising side of our business – I guess that’s not surprising in NY – how we thought about it both from an economic standpoint, an advertiser standpoint, and a user standpoint. Lots of folks are interested in the ability to target ads over time -both to make them more relevant, and more valuable.

Pandora has over 80 people working just on that part of our business. It’s really key for us to optimize that in order to keep up with the incredible growth – which just keeps going and going… just crossed 50 million registered listeners!!!

Also spent a good while talking with folks afterwards about various new projects. One thing is clear, there are many entrepreneurs entering the music space now… particularly in the area of artist services. Trying to crack the nut on how to help artists make the web work for them.

There continues to be a great response to our plans (and they are still in the ‘plan’ stage) to bring some more targeted artist info to listeners (eg. local concerts).

Thanks again to all who braved the rain to make it out…

Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. J. D.
    May 26, 2010 at 1:22pm
    I have listened to Pandora on my computer speaker for several years and recently started getting your music on my TV via Roku. I now listen much more frequently because the music sounds even better over the large speakers connected to my TV.
  2. amanda
    May 26, 2010 at 2:49pm
    I am loving the pandora radio...i do however wish that there were more christian artist on there...would love to hear johnny diaz, beautiful you.
  3. Brandon
    May 28, 2010 at 4:54pm
    If it is possible, I would really appreciate a volume control in the application available on the Android. In the near future I will be listening to a lot of very boring lectures on my Verizon Wireless Ally, and it would be nice to have Pandora in the background at a lower volume that will enable me to still hear the lecture. Thank you for this service! I really enjoy it.
  4. Phil Lejeune, Needles, Ca
    May 30, 2010 at 2:58pm
    PLEASE GET THE REPETITION AND MIX SOME SERIOUS ATTENTION! I don't want to see Pandora go the easy way and become just another music station as did all the formats before you. I'm a self-employed glassblower and listen 12-14 hour/day, so consider me your service barometer. The less you hear, the better you're doing on programming. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. DON'T TURN COMMERCIAL ON US AND START TWEEKING SOME GENES!
  5. Mike
    May 30, 2010 at 11:44pm
    I think my daughter signed me up on my computer. Iwant to change my profile how do I perform this from the comfort of my living room?
  6. Deborah
    June 01, 2010 at 6:40am
    You're doing great things. Pandora is wonderful. Keep up the great work.
  7. Melanie
    June 02, 2010 at 5:01pm
    best thing I`ve found on the internet...don`t change a thing
  8. rhonda simpson
    June 03, 2010 at 9:54am
    thank God I have been miserable since they took off the only good texas country music station finally i can breathe again i only wish i could get it in my car boo:(
  9. Chris Krohn
    June 04, 2010 at 9:44am
    Re: tom's New York comments: Wow, don't know what y'all are smoking...Pandora was fine with the visual ads, but the audio ones are innane, vapid and insulting to us listeners...cut the number by 70% or you will contiue to annoy and ultimately lose us listeners.
  10. leaf52
    June 07, 2010 at 7:23am
    I'd like to see Pandora use your Genome skills with advertising. I don't mind advertising - some is downright great - I just don't like advertising I don't like. :) So give us a thumbs up or down ability on ads. For instance, I like performance gear, travel, sustainability efforts, wellness, and health. I can't STAND ads for prescription medicine for depression or various physical symptoms. I will never buy products from these companies. They waste their money spending ads on me and I turn off/mute/walk away when such ads come on, thus a complete waste for all. Now, give me a Patagonia ad and I'll listen. Talk to me about solutions for water problems in Haiti, hybrid vehicles, wind energy, etc. In this way, you'd be bringing a great service, even a marketable one, to both your listeners and the companies buying advertising on your site. Win-win for all.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )