Left Gibson’s and headed over to meet the folks at Grimey’s – a happenin’ indie record store. Mike Grimey and Doyle Davis are clear music fanatics. They had a downstairs club to boot.
Was really heartened to hear that their sales are growing rapidly. My new theory about music retail is that it’s the real music-centric indie stores that are going to start thriving in the new digital age. As digital tech skims off more and more of the mass audience that are the primary buyers of music in big box stores, success in retail is going to come more and more to those who really emphasize service and value for shoppers, to draw music fans that still long for that experience. People who like walking through narrow aisles stuff with music.. surrounded by music obsessed shop clerks eager to help out…
Grimeys2.jpg

Grimeys.jpg
Had a nice lunch and chat, scooped up a bunch of CDs and headed out to the evening meetup at Cabanas.
Great dinner meetup. lively conversation and great food with great group of local music lovers.
Cabanameetup.jpg
You definitely get the sense in Nashville that the love of music runs deep. At the meetup I met a number of folks who had moved to Nashville because they were music fans, not because they had a particular job in mind.
First stop for the evening, the aforementioend Bluebird Cafe where they don’t even let people walk in during a song. Love it!
BlueBird.jpg
Watched a nice long set from a three piece acoustic group then club hopped the evening; the Basement, the End, and more…
Nashvilleshow.jpg

Comments

1. MicheleD
    January 10, 2007 at 4:32am
    Just wanted to let you know you have yet another fan of your radio stations!!!It's just GREAT Thanks for your time andn have fun traveling sounds like alot of fun. Be safe out there
  2. Marian
    January 11, 2007 at 7:22pm
    Hey, have you checked out The Loft from Nashville? Great southern Rock band...
  3. Amber
    February 16, 2007 at 10:07am
    I recently heard about this site and I have fallen in love. I have told everyone I know. It is such a teasure! Now on to the topic at hand. Nashville is busting with talent and local artist. If you love music then head this way. We will welcome you with open arms. I suggest that you try looking into Movement Nashville they can be found on myspace. It is a great link for local artist and venues. Thanks again for sharing your love of music with the rest of us!
  4. perri lowe
    May 17, 2007 at 4:08pm
    we want more r&b singers to come to nashville.how can we attract more.we tennesseans want more variety.pandora has agreat choice of good music. thank you,thank you ,thank you!
  5. perri lowe
    May 17, 2007 at 4:10pm
    try going to b.b. kings.great atmosphere,good live music,good people.
  6. Katlin
    August 20, 2007 at 11:09am
    Hi i'm new here at this radio site. It is very good from what i've seen so far. This is my first day so there is still much for me to look at and listen to. There is one thing though that I would like to bring to your attention. I was searching for a band called Stick Figure. I first found him on myspace music. I noticed that you do not have in the memory I guess you could say. I would very much appreciate it if you were to look and listen to his music and see if you would like to add him into your large library of music. I very much like this style of music so please if you don't mind it would be obliged. Thank you and keep up the good work. P.S. When will you be coming back around Memphis? love & respect, Katlin L.
  7. Bob K
    March 13, 2008 at 8:57pm
    Sorry I missed you in Nashville. The RIAA needs to figure out that every one of the CD's I've bought in the last 6 months was because of a song I heard on Pandora! Thanks for loving the music. bob
  8. David Hooper
    March 17, 2008 at 4:54pm
    Tim! Just put up the promo for your show on Music Business Radio. http://blog.musicbusinessradio.com/2008/03/next-on-music-2.html has it. Full show coming in a few days and I'll get you a link to that as soon as it's up. :)
  9. doris stallings
    May 24, 2008 at 8:48am
    This is my first time listening to you all the way from memphis,tn. I just want to say that you are blowing me away. Your music made me wake my husband up out of his sleep and hug him. Thanks for such a wondering way to escape everything thats going in the world today!
  10. linda black
    January 19, 2011 at 7:19am
    please check out jay clark if you make it to knoxville

Reply to MicheleD Cancel Reply