Comments

1. Mister Joe
    March 20, 2006 at 7:38pm
    Will try to come by Flying Tomato on Wednesday. If you get into Denton by Tuesday evening, there is a good open mike at Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios - starts at 10:15 pm Directions at www.rubberglovesdentontx.com
  2. Paul McEnany
    March 20, 2006 at 7:56pm
    Ahh, hell, I forgot about Dan's. Go there, too.
  3. Linda
    March 20, 2006 at 8:21pm
    If you haven't done so already, you should take a look at some local publications that list venues and performances going on in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex. Two examples are the Dallas Observer (www.dallasobserver.com), which is available in print for free at newsstands, and Guide (www.guidelive.com), which is printed every Friday as a special section in the Dallas Morning News- our local paper. Have fun at the Flying Tomato- I won't be able to make it but I wish I could- I've only had the opportunity to go there once since I graduated from UNT a few years back!
  4. Josh
    March 20, 2006 at 10:30pm
    Hey, you should go to Wylie, TX and check out a band called Back After Dawn. They are really good and I think you will like them alot! Thanks, Josh
  5. Tim Westergren
    March 21, 2006 at 12:03am
    thanks, everyone - great stuff. Feels like I need to stay her for a week... Eva - just got back from an evening at Amsterdam bar - excellent jazz quartet. What a treat. Thanks!
  6. Peter
    March 21, 2006 at 8:04am
    If you need ideas of where to go/eat/play around Dallas, I've been here for about 20 years and know the gamut. It would be the least I could do for all of your great work on Pandora. What a great idea.
  7. David (Ben Zephyr)
    March 21, 2006 at 8:32am
    Hey, Tim. I sent you an email. I don't know which you check more often. :) I will definitely be there tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
  8. Samantha
    March 21, 2006 at 10:08am
    Oh man! I am so glad you guys are coming to Texas and the SXSW in Austin! I wish I had seen this in advance so I could go meet you guys. I absolutely ADORE my Pandora so much (now I'm annoyed with other players! HAHAHAH!). Please be sure to road trip next year around SXSW time. I will be sure to look for you!
  9. Tiffany
    March 21, 2006 at 11:21am
    I agree with a lot of the users, I love the site!!!! I have just discovered it and have heard so many bands that I never even knew existed. Do you have plans to come to Chicago? If so, I am obsessed with a local band here called Helicopters (http://ilovehelicopters.com/) that you might want to check out. I think there are many people out there who would enjoy it as much as I do. Thank you for educating me on all of this great music!
  10. Stephanie
    March 21, 2006 at 1:29pm
    Tim, you simply have to check out Montrose while you are in Dallas. He is playing at Brooklyn Jazz Cafe tonight from 7 until 11. (I heard a rumor you are going to be right down the street at Standard and Pours tonight so slide on by!!) You can also check out Montrose's website at www.montrosemusic.com. Hope to see you there.