I’m still planning my itinerary for Georgia. I know Athens is a can’t-miss and Atlanta is of course a music mecca. Please leave any comments or suggestions below.

Comments

1. Laura
    June 27, 2006 at 11:22am
    I'd like to reiterate the suggestion of Hope for Agoldensummer. They are a fabulously talented group. Also, check out The Ginger Envelope (soooo good!) and the Modern Skirts in Athens, GA.
  2. Laura
    June 27, 2006 at 11:31am
    Oh! And I almost forgot - I second the remark that you should check out Venice is Sinking... beautiful.
  3. andra
    August 07, 2006 at 1:03pm
    not sure if you've been through georgia...but a few bands that we love dearly...zac brown band (!!!), sonia leigh (!!!), tim brantley, sam thacker are all fantastic bands! hope you like~~ modern skirts are good too~ ps. thanks for this site...its about freakin time!
  4. sarah jean
    August 17, 2006 at 5:40pm
    Don't wait to come to Athens to pick up a Flagpole, read it online. http://flagpole.com/
  5. Dave-a-go-go
    September 05, 2006 at 6:16pm
    Yes Hopeforagoldensummer. Also, the Goodies are crazy stellar, as well as the Hellblinki Sextet.
  6. DZ
    September 12, 2006 at 3:52pm
    2 Atlanta groups that are no longer playing but were popular are- The Reasons Rich Millett (www.richmillett.com) If you need recordings I can hook you up (I was the bassist in both bands and can probably get you legal use - pending your request).
  7. Max Martin
    September 19, 2006 at 4:41pm
    Hey Tim - just wondering if your Athens visit is ever going to be blogified. WUOG could use some of that reflected Pandora glory! I actually do a music-related talk show now (Liner Notes), and if you'd ever have a chance to do another interview over the phone since we couldn't record the last one, that'd be great. -Max
  8. randy
    October 18, 2006 at 5:20pm
    God speed my friend.Just thought you might want to know about new state troopers on I-75.Thick as flies!Happy motoring!
  9. arthur
    November 11, 2006 at 11:29am
    i recently join the network. the problem that i am having is (full force(the artist)and the song is all in my mind) They played the hold song once and i tried to repeat it to listen again.NOT, is was just samples.My question is how do you continue to play that one song for old memory sakes.Please help in detail,so i can learn the correct way to enter in the computer for my listen pleasures. thanks, Arthur(ATL)
  10. chelsea
    November 26, 2006 at 6:18pm
    1. your hot 2. your a realy good singer 3. my favorite song of yours is All I want for Christmas is a real good tan 4. could you play it on the radio once in a while