I’m still planning my itinerary for Georgia. I know Athens is a can’t-miss and Atlanta is of course a music mecca. Please leave any comments or suggestions below.

Comments

1. Sarah
    May 25, 2006 at 8:27am
    I've got to second and third the suggestions for Augusta. Soul Bar, Sector -- all of those places are pretty cool, and First Friday is a good idea for a stop. (The town's pretty nice in early summer, too.) Happy trails.
  2. ABC
    May 25, 2006 at 4:18pm
    Too bad your not in town this weekend one of the great musical events of the year is happening this weekend: Bubbapalooza at The Star Bar in Little five points. Three days of low rent rock at its best! Regardless check out the Star Bar when your in town, its a great venue. Also dont miss The Earl,in East Atlanta. They dont play much but there is a great local band called Luigi that is always a lot of fun.
  3. Paul Evreux
    May 27, 2006 at 2:47pm
    Please do not omit the music of the 40's, 50's, and 60's.
  4. Kristy
    June 09, 2006 at 10:42am
    No music comments, but a website comment: streaming lyrics for the current song playing (if possible) would be really cool!
  5. Maddy
    June 10, 2006 at 9:32pm
    The Vinyl and the Loft (they're next door) are two great venues. Then, of course, there's the 40 Watt in Athens and Eddie's Attic and the Earl in Atlanta. Decatur is a great place for music (that's where Eddie's Attic is) and you can stop by Java Monkey for poetry slams. If they're playing, don't miss YOU.
  6. Nick
    June 15, 2006 at 6:24pm
    If you wanna see some up-and-coming city sites, you gotta check out Atlantic Station. Yeah, everybody talks about it but it really is a cool place. During the summer, a local radio station is sponsoring weekly, free, acoustic concerts in the park. I forget which one at the moment, but I doubt I'm the only one that knows about it. The concerts are every sunday, but throughout the week the parks are where all the action goes down during the day.
  7. molly
    June 17, 2006 at 7:54am
    A really great Athens band worth seeing is Venice is Sinking. Also, the Whigs. And in Atlanta, best clubs for indie rock are the Earl, Drunken Unicorn, 10 High and Smith's Olde Bar, except Smith's tends to do jam bands and southern rock - the songwriter nights sometimes have some intersesting artists who jump on stage on non-weekend nights.
  8. Beverly
    June 20, 2006 at 6:47am
    Why there isn't any music by "Dancing Fantasy" on Pandora? "Dancing Fantasy" have awesome music! Can they be added? They are very well known with over 15 CD's to claim. By the way, please do not add R&B to this wonderful web-site of beautiful "Jazz" there is a time and place for everything. I love R&B and I am a beautiful black vixen, but I love the Jazz that Pandora plays. Thanks
  9. Acjudge
    June 20, 2006 at 8:38pm
    There are too many blogs to check if this suggestion has already been made, but Earthlink Live venue (now renamed Center Stage) in midtown Atlanta caters to many different genres of artists, small and large. I recently saw Second Shift, aparently an Athens based band and they were fierce. Great energy and the singer has a curiously quirky stage presence. Defintiely look into both.
  10. keith
    June 23, 2006 at 12:55pm
    Check out the Rogue Independent Music Festival in downtown Atlanta, Friday and Saturday July 7-8, 2006 for something really different!