Update: I’ll be at the Carolina Theater (309 West Morgan St) in Durham on Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 at 7pm for a meetup! If you plan to attend, please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with ‘Durham’ in the subject line.
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in North Carolina – amazing music scene. Come mid-September, I’ll definitely be stopping in Raleigh and Durham for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora listeners at nearby universities. Asheville and Chapel Hill residents have been great with suggestions for concert clubs and local bands. Keep the tips coming! If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues in the area or on college campuses, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Nick
    September 12, 2006 at 11:17am
    I second tommygun. You must check them out. http://www.tommygunrock.com http://www.myspace.com/tommygun They will be playing Sept 13th in Greensboro at the Flying Anvil and Oct 21st in Durham at the Troika Music festival
  2. Tamika
    September 14, 2006 at 2:27pm
    I see everyone is taking about Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, but I really think that you should come to Greenville and check out the local music scene here! There is a great variety of bands and sounds that are perfect for this college town!
  3. Matt
    September 19, 2006 at 10:06am
    Good NC bands that should be included are: Glass Casket He Is Legend Classic Case Cartwright Farewell House of Fools. If you are coming through Raleigh/Durham, a lot of good bands play in real dives, but you get a real sense of the music scene there. The Brewery in Raleigh is a great one (run by music enthusiasts, for music enthusiasts). The MarVell Event Center runs a Thursday night arrangement for bands, and they pull a lot of neat ones. Dog Fashion Disco played there a few weeks ago (too bad I missed it).
  4. Jenn
    September 19, 2006 at 6:37pm
    I'm not sure what direction you are travelling through NC, but a great local Charlotte band is the Near Misses (http://www.thenearmisses.com/), I see that you are in Raleigh/Durham tomorrow, if you happen to still be there on Friday it looks like they are playing a club called RubberSoul Bar (I'm not familiar with the venue just the band) in Winston-Salem, a little ways north and west. Whether or not you catch them live, they are definitely worth a listen! Enjoy & thanks for all your awesome work!
  5. Carl
    September 19, 2006 at 7:53pm
    just found about pandora yesterday...very, very cool! i've been listening for two days straight and counting. great to see you coming to NC...i'm in greensboro, basically midway between charlotte and raleigh. there are a ton of talented bands in this area. check out: --defiant (shameless plug...my band!) myspace.com/defiantthereal --chemical youth chemicalyouth.com --haiz rail haizrail.com --niro niroband.com
  6. krakow hotels
    September 27, 2006 at 7:24am
    Update: I'll be at the Carolina Theater (309 West Morgan St) in Durham on Wednesday, September 20th, at 7pm for a meetup! If you plan to attend, please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with 'Durham' in the subject line. I do not agree.For more info go to System.String[]
  7. Greg
    October 12, 2006 at 9:18pm
    Just got into pandora the other day though I'd heard of it in passing over the past few months. One of the key sources of new and indie music in the middle of the state is WKNC 88.1 FM, North Carolina State University's student-run radio station. I was the heavy metal director and dj there my senior year and am still a regular listener. Weekday music is primarily indie rock, but the evenings are saved for electronica, and weekends are used for specialty shows (metal from 8pm friday through 6am saturday). And you can listen online at http://wknc.org. Aside from that, the whole Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) has a very vibrant musical nightlife with bands and fans from all three cities and the surrounding areas going back and forth for shows. Though it may not seem that way from some of the comments I've read -- there is a lot of competition between the cities due to their respective collegiate institutions. The musical history of the state as a whole is just fantastic -- bluegrass, beach music, rock, metal, electronica, rap, the state has been a great source for quality music for nearly 100 years now.
  8. Pozycjonowanie
    November 02, 2006 at 4:43pm
    North Carolina has it all. Drive I-40 from Ashville to the Research Triangle, then continue on down to Wilmington. It will be a mountains to the beach tour. Diverse food, music, people, cultures, and surroundings. Just remember drive I-40 and enjoy. Greetings
  9. Patrick
    November 08, 2006 at 1:55pm
    hey Tim I don't have any suggestions for you here, but I wanted to tell you that I love padora and I'm spreading it's great news like wild fire while I listen to it every day! I also wanted to ask if you'd ever considered a parental advisory option for music with explicite content? Thanks Tim, Lucia, and Jem!!!! Patrick
  10. cravensway
    November 10, 2006 at 2:53pm
    really like the jam ,you guyg are really going places and reaching out.love it and beleive me i love jamming.just all the right songs.perfecti will pass this page around. THANKS,cravensway