Update: I’ll be at the Carolina Theater (309 West Morgan St) in Durham on Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 at 7pm for a meetup! If you plan to attend, please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with ‘Durham’ in the subject line.
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my tour stop in North Carolina – amazing music scene. Come mid-September, I’ll definitely be stopping in Raleigh and Durham for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora listeners at nearby universities. Asheville and Chapel Hill residents have been great with suggestions for concert clubs and local bands. Keep the tips coming! If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues in the area or on college campuses, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I can’t wait to visit!
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Stephanie Hamby
    March 22, 2006 at 5:11am
    You guys have to check out Mood Cultivation Project while you are in NC - they are the best local act going right now! You can get their schedule at www.moodcultivation.com - Don't miss them!
  2. Stephanie Hamby
    March 22, 2006 at 5:13am
    Just a follow up - Mood Cultivation Project is playing at Ziggy's in Winston-Salem NC on Friday, March 31st. This is their hometown, so they allways have a great show here!
  3. Lisa von Seebach
    March 22, 2006 at 1:46pm
    Hi There, I have spent alot of time in North Carolina. The music and local bands are sweet. When in the Ashville area, don't miss the Mellow Mushroom. It's the be pizza joint and brewery around.
  4. Melissa
    March 24, 2006 at 12:22am
    My best friend goes to school at Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I think you should really check out the area there. It's a very big music scene, mainly indie/underground. They also have a radio station there (the first one to go live online), and if you listen late at night to Ben or Katie, you'll get a good taste of the general interests of the area. If you need anymore information, feel free to contact me at leadnot_follow@yahoo.com. I'll be glad to help you out! And you should come up to Western Massachussets sometime!
  5. Tim Westergren
    March 25, 2006 at 8:29pm
    thanks for all these great posts. Can't wait to hit NC. I'll definitely check into the local radio stations. Appreciate the restaurant rcommendations - certainly enjoying the food part of this!! Tim
  6. Drew
    March 26, 2006 at 10:43am
    Tim - big supporter - I have been introducing your service to all my middle-age friends. Planning your trip to the Triangle should be fun. We have a very active scene here. Lots of good food too. Let me know if you want some specific eats recommendations or a place to crash. Enjoyed reading about San Antonio - takes me back - it is hard to believe HogWild has been there 30 years since middle school!
  7. Matt
    March 26, 2006 at 6:18pm
    Another suggestion: Merlefest. http://www.merlefest.org/ Here is a list of artists performing there: http://www.merlefest.org/ArtistsSchedules.htm I was going to cut and paste it, but it is something like 100 artists in 4 days.
  8. Kayla
    March 28, 2006 at 2:29pm
    I jsut recently found ur site and i love it!!! I live in Raleigh near cary. I think its cool as hell that ur traveling to nc. wish i could meet the people behind pandora. april is actually my bday. april 27. so i hope you have lots of fun here. good luck
  9. Tim Westergren
    March 28, 2006 at 3:36pm
    Drew - where do the middle-aged folks for for music?! Hogwild was great - I'm betting the inside hasn't changed a whit. T.
  10. Susan
    April 03, 2006 at 10:22am
    Skip Charlotte. Go straight from Asheville to the Triangle cutting through Winston-Salem.