Washington DC
Another very interactive evening at American University’s Greenberg Theatre. Joined by David Oxenford and Gary Greenstein, two attorneys who have been in the music rights debate trenches for some time, about 130 DC listeners.
Took advantage of the trip to visit some local music haunts including a local community music school for all ages and skills …the father-and-son-in-the-hallway-waiting-for-the-recital really brought me back…
DCAudition.jpg
the cozy Revolution Records (our original town hall meeting host, before we got 200 rsvps!)
DCSTore.jpg
Full recap of June tour here!

Comments

1. Anthony
    March 21, 2006 at 1:16am
    Please please pleaaasse explain why you are not going to Seattle?! Seattle is the Indy rock haven.
  2. Tim Westergren
    March 21, 2006 at 4:17pm
    This is just the first of many trips. We'll get there don't worry. How could we not!.. T.
  3. Katharine
    March 24, 2006 at 5:52am
    We'll take real good care of you in Chocolate City. Let me know when you start closing in on the dates, and I'll advertise to my other pandora fan friends. You must plan a stop at Tiny Planet Studios.
  4. Jay
    March 28, 2006 at 9:44am
    Music? In D.C.? Yeah, we do that. Check out the legendary Bohemian Caverns in the U Street/ Cardozo neighborhood for blues, stop by Ben's Chili Bowl for a chili dog. If you take the trains (which I highly recommend, parking is non-existent in this area) The 9.30 Club and The Black Cat (Alternative) are within walking distance as well. You won't be too far from XM Radio's HQ. Walk by and blow raspberries (joke). A special bus will take you from U Street to Adams Morgan where you can go to the (in)famous Madam's Organ. See the mural that shook the city to its core. Or something like that, there was a bit of a ruckus anyway. Please keep us posted! jay
  5. Tim Westergren
    March 28, 2006 at 3:42pm
    Mark, Katharine & Jay - thanks a bunch. This is the first time I've heard it referred toa s Chocolate City. Roots Cafe sounds cool - love the quirky spots. What is Tiny Planet Studios- club? recording studio? i've actually visited the XM headquarters - you wouldn't believe the setup - it's like NASA. I'll definitely take the train. What is Madam's ORgan?
  6. Jay
    March 29, 2006 at 9:14am
    re: Madam's Organ (in Adams Morgan, gerrit?) http://www.madamsorgan.com/ It is an excellent blues club. The mural, pictured on the website, caused a bit of a kerfluffle because some folks found it naughty. j p.s. I have not heard the phrase Chocolate City in ages! Thanks for the flashback to my childhood Mark M.
  7. Jeff
    March 29, 2006 at 11:42pm
    Baltimore is so close to d.c. Hope you stop there too. If so check out Ottobar, Fletchers, or The Recher Theater in Towson. If you pass thru Frederick, Md stop at 543 N.Market St. I own a bar there, and support a small local scene. I love what you're doing. Keep it up.
  8. Katharine
    April 04, 2006 at 5:28am
    Tiny Planet is a recording studio in the historic U St Area, near the Black Cat, Bohemian Caverns and Ben's Chili Bowl, so you might as well stop in! You should stop by Keny Ruyter's studio too, as he has supported alot of local musicians. Check out www.eastcoastbands.com and myspace.com/eastcoastbands.
  9. kendra
    April 06, 2006 at 7:56am
    You must go to these places: Black Cat http://blackcatdc.com Iota http://www.iotaclubandcafe.com/ DC9 http://www.dcnine.com/ Warehouse Nextdoor http://warehousenextdoor.com/ Also, I agree with Jeff. You really should stop in Baltimore. It has a huge scene.
  10. Aissa
    April 06, 2006 at 2:50pm
    I would check out Velvet Lounge, Black Cat, DC9, IOTA Club, and Jammin Java in VA (not too far), and definitely Baltimore