What a great day. Started with bang in Fargo at Babb’s Coffee shop, then a quick drive to Grand Forks for a talk with a very engaged group of prospective entrepreneurs at the Ina Mae center; topped off by a truly wonderful town hall in downtown Grand Forks at the Coffee Company. Sarah and her crew were wonderful – completely rearranging every piece of furniture in the room to accommodate a big crowd – even more people showed up than had RSVP’d. A serious group of power users. Two gents had driven 2.5 hours from Canada! We even borrowed chairs from the fitness club and the women’s hair salon next door! One of the many great advantages of hosting these in smaller towns and special thanks to the 94.7FM DJs who knew the proprietors and helped us with the chairs – fortunately they were Pandora fans 🙂

We also just ran way over on our RSVPs for Omaha on Thursday, so we’ve moving the event to the Durham Museum (801 South 10th Street).

Gotta get some sleep for the long drive to Sioux Falls tomorrow.

This is fun!

Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Trevour
    November 09, 2010 at 11:43pm
    Thanks for coming to Fargo! It was a fun, informative afternoon. And for the record, you sure pick out quality promotional swag. The free Pandora t-shirt is one of the comfiest shirt I've ever worn! Put up an online shop and sell 'em!!
  2. LG Grant
    November 10, 2010 at 5:41am
    I went to the meet up in Grand Forks. I thought it was very interesting and had a great time learning about Pandora's origins. Pandora's founder, Tim, was a great speaker and had the crowd and myself laughing more than a few times. I just wanted to say thanks for coming to Grand Forks and it was good to meet you.
  3. Wade
    November 10, 2010 at 7:13am
    Thank you for coming to Fargo Tim! It was a very interesting meeting and it was good to hear Pandora is just starting. I created my first Pandora station on 11/22/2005 based on artist Jennifer Knapp. After about an hour of listening, I remember thinking "this could be very good". 5 years and 70+ stations later, I know it is beyond good. Thanks again!
  4. Bruce Brummitt
    November 10, 2010 at 11:58am
    Thanks for your outreach to folks, hope you garnered information from the folks at the meetings which will make Pandora even better than it already is. Bruce Brummitt
  5. Katie Haarsager
    November 10, 2010 at 12:02pm
    Glad you enjoyed your ND time! Thanks for coming are way!
  6. Tommy Butcher
    November 10, 2010 at 12:25pm
    Tim - Thanks for the great "town hall" meeting, it was very educational and entertaining! Your humor was a pleasant surprise. It sounds like Pandora has a lot of plans for the future and as a long time user I hope you all not only reach, but blow away your goals. Best Regards - Tommy Butcher
  7. Edward Van Hal
    November 10, 2010 at 12:28pm
    Dear Christine, Just a note to say thank you for your hospitality yesterday at Babbs in Fargo, ND. I was late but appreciated your synopsis and our conversation. I have been followed Pandora for many years, originally reading an article about Pandora in it's early years. Has Pandora ever considered having a channel on Pandora of different network news services based on interests? Something like the music service with suggested news bits (like suggested songs)? I am glad that we had nice weather in Fargo for your first impression. Thanks again for coming. Hope you and your company the best holiday wishes! Edward Van Hal, Not yet freezing in Fargo.
  8. J.K. DeFoe
    November 10, 2010 at 12:31pm
    Wonderful Town Hall in Grand Forks last night. Thanks to Tim and his crew for being informative, friendly, and enthusiastic. Keep fighting the good fight, and I'll keep listening!
  9. Leann
    November 10, 2010 at 12:48pm
    It was great to hear the story of Pandora and the Genome project directly from Tim. I was impressed with the direction that you are taking Pandora. You answered the most important question for me in the first 10 minutes: When will Pandora compete with XM/Sirius Radio? Great news! And thanks for lunch!
  10. Lanelle
    November 10, 2010 at 1:26pm
    Had a great time learning about the history of Pandora - thanks for sharing! It was great to see the variety of people who love the service - Safe travels!