When was the last time you fell asleep listening to music? The sounds of your favorite artist can be a great way to wind down at the end of the day. Whether you love to fall asleep to relaxation music, singer-songwriters or Viking Metal, we invite you to enjoy our new sleep timer feature!

At Pandora, we are inspired every day by consistently bringing our listeners music they love. We’re also dedicated to listening to our listeners and personally answer every inquiry that comes in to our support team whether it’s via email (to the tune of more than 50,000 emails a month!) or our social channels. One area that gets us particularly excited is when we receive ideas from our listeners for new product features and improvements. Today I’m thrilled to share that we’re releasing a new version of our Pandora mobile app for both iOS and Android that contains one of our top-requested new product features from listeners: a Sleep Timer. With the new Sleep Timer in version 4.5 of our app, you can now fall asleep to the sounds of your favorite Pandora stations.

sleep timer imageHere’s how it works: when listening to a station, you’ll find the Sleep Timer in your options drawer in the top right screen corner. Just click the options link and select from 15, 30, or 60 minutes for your Sleep Timer. Then relax and drift off knowing we’ll play just the right amount of music for you.

We hope you like the Sleep Timer. We have more product features like this in the works, each being built with the purpose of making it easier for you to enjoy all the music you love, from morning until night, so stay tuned for more announcements. And please, keep the good ideas coming. As always, we’d love to hear from you.

Happy listening!

Comments

1. Mary
    August 26, 2013 at 2:50pm
    I have enjoyed listening to your internet music. Very innovative creating your own station. I do not agree with your political views and will not listen any longer....
  2. Melissa E
    August 28, 2013 at 6:54am
    I've been relying on the 'Are you listening' time out for this. Maybe it's time to subscribe.
  3. Melissa Haight
    September 11, 2013 at 10:44pm
    I think it is really awesome that you are taking suggestions from your customers and doing your best to fulfill the needs of your customers through a customer centric point of view. It is important for customers to feel as if the product is made for them and with the new addition of the sleep timer, I believe those with the Pandora addiction, like myself, would benefit greatly with this addition. Truthfully, I am a fan of the sleep timer because I enjoy falling asleep to music and similarly with the sleep timer on my TV, I don't want to have to worry about music blasting all through the night and waking up my roommates. Good job!
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 06, 2014 at 9:20am
      @Melissa Glad to hear you're enjoying the sleep timer feature. -Alyssa
  4. Meghan R
    November 19, 2013 at 9:26pm
    Please consider for Roku app as well!
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 06, 2014 at 9:19am
      @Meghan I'll pass your suggestion along to our Product Team. Thanks! -Alyssa
  5. Richard
    December 15, 2013 at 9:32pm
    It would be nice if your announcement mentioned this doesn't work on iPad's!
    1. Olivia Maclay
      January 31, 2014 at 9:42pm
      I agree but i did get it to work on my ipad but you should make one for the apple laptops
  6. Sonny
    December 29, 2013 at 11:52pm
    I just subscribed and love the new features of the app. My only complaint is that when using the sleep timer, the screen displays until the music is off, which is distracting when trying to fall asleep. A dark room is best. It's not like I need to see the screen when I'm drifting off. If I use it when awake and want to see what artist or album is playing, I can tap the screen and see. Please make this small adjustment for the sleep mode screen. I'd love to recommend it to others when that annoying feature is gone. Thanks!
    1. Kate
      December 30, 2013 at 11:32am
      Sonny, I use the Pandora sleep timer mode every night without the screen lit up. Once I set the timer, I hit the little button on top of my iphone4 (the one that puts it to sleep) & everything blacks out. Beautiful music in total darkness...how relaxing. Hope this info helps.
  7. Todd
    January 20, 2014 at 1:04pm
    The sleep timer and alarms are great features for the Android...but when will they be available for the Kindle Fire version of Pandora? Thanks!
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 22, 2014 at 10:20am
      @Meghan @Richard @Todd Sorry for any inconvenience. At this time, this feature is only available on mobile. I'll pass your requests along to our product team. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. -Alyssa
  8. Gregory
    February 10, 2014 at 10:08pm
    How about this feature for Windows Phone 8? I don't like how Windows Phone is always treated like a child under the stairs in a cupboard (Harry Potter reference).
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 12, 2014 at 4:29pm
      @Gregory I understand your frustration. I'll pass it along to our Engineers. Sorry for the inconvenience. -Alyssa
    2. Dee
      March 31, 2014 at 6:18am
      +1 I've recently been gifted Pandora One (upon my request) and with no timer will have to create another account to use on my Windows Phone to have the auto timeout feature. . . Or you could put the sleep timer on the Windows Phone app!!
  9. ron
    March 01, 2014 at 6:10pm
    So, I assumed something was wrong with the Pandora One installation on my Galaxy S4 because it will not play all night. It seems from these posts that by design it will shut off perhaps to save on royalty payments? Hmmm.
  10. joey
    March 15, 2014 at 11:06am
    I have a kindle fire and I can't find the sleep button . I have tried plenty of times
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 18, 2014 at 4:13pm
      @Joey Make sure your Pandora app is updated on your Kindle. Then follow these instructions: http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/1022606-android-sleep-timer-for-pandora. -Alyssa

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )