Year after year, we are consistently blown away by the popularity of Holiday music on Pandora. This year we thought it would be fun to survey some of our users to get their perspective on Holiday music and we found that just as we suspected, they certainly do have a sense of humor!

Check out the questions and results, below. We are sure you will be feeling full of good cheer (and maybe even “Eggnoggy”) by the time you’re finished reading…
Happy Holidays and Happy Listening!

Where do you most like hearing holiday music?
At home in front of a fire – 53%
In the car – 17%
In the mall – 14%
Outside, Christmas tree shopping – 12%
While shopping for gifts online – 4%

What holiday song are you most likely to sing along to?
It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas – 39%
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – 25%
Silver Bells – 20%
Hells Bells by AC/DC – 11%
Frosty the Snowman – 5%

Overall, holiday music makes you feel:
Full of Good Cheer – 38%
Cozy – 24%
Merry – 17%
Eggnoggy – 14%
Jolly – 7%

What song is most likely to make you book tickets home for Christmas?
I’ll Be Home for Christmas – 65%
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – 22%
Orinoco Flow (Enya) – 8%
Wonderful Christmastime – 5%

What song would you most like to hear while being kissed under Mistletoe?
All I Want for Christmas is You – 45%
Santa Baby – 35%
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – 11%
A Holly Jolly Christmas – 9%

What song would send you running out of the mall store the quickest?

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth – 42%
Anything sung by a Chipmunk – 40%
Anything sung by a Muppet – 18%

– The Pandora Crew

Comments

1. Bruce
    May 25, 2011 at 10:43am
    I've just discovered Pandora and love it! I look forward to listening and learning more of the service's available to me. Thank you very much
  2. Venice Rose
    May 26, 2011 at 6:03pm
    Pandora is so cool! I cant live a day without it! Green Smoothies
  3. Green Smoothies
    May 26, 2011 at 6:05pm
    Pandora is so cool! I cant live a day without it!
  4. Eladio
    June 01, 2011 at 10:41am
    yo i made a pandora account and now its my main music site no matter what i dont care if people dont like it because i love it because i can make ur own station for ur own music and once ur done u can just sit back and relaxe
  5. Hector
    June 02, 2011 at 2:21pm
    Why does Pandora eventually pause when I click away while I'm working on other windows??? This new feature is annoying!!! TAKE IT OFF PANDORA!!! I understand the limited usage per month, thank you!!!
  6. Fred Ingram
    June 03, 2011 at 2:11pm
    How come that advertisements are about 10 to 20 percent louder than the music Just like TV
  7. marcia
    June 03, 2011 at 4:25pm
    Really enjoy listening to your music,keeps me in the mood when i'm home alone.thanks for providing such quality music to us music lovers.great job
  8. Lisa Johnson
    June 06, 2011 at 10:20pm
    Listening to Pandora's smooth jazz has allowed me to complete an enormous amount of paperwork for my job. It calms me, reducing my stress, and blood pressure levels. Thanks!
  9. desertmilkman
    June 07, 2011 at 4:30pm
    So far, Pandora was the easist thing to get running on my new SAMSUNG bluray player. Love the music. Phil
  10. Erik Michael Wanberg
    June 08, 2011 at 1:59am
    Pandora was cool but no longer plays relevant songs based on searches or artists based on searches, plus is now extremely ad supported, so why has the quality decreased????? So sad :( Erik