Year after year, we are consistently blown away by the popularity of Holiday music on Pandora. This year we thought it would be fun to survey some of our users to get their perspective on Holiday music and we found that just as we suspected, they certainly do have a sense of humor!

Check out the questions and results, below. We are sure you will be feeling full of good cheer (and maybe even “Eggnoggy”) by the time you’re finished reading…
Happy Holidays and Happy Listening!

Where do you most like hearing holiday music?
At home in front of a fire – 53%
In the car – 17%
In the mall – 14%
Outside, Christmas tree shopping – 12%
While shopping for gifts online – 4%

What holiday song are you most likely to sing along to?
It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas – 39%
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – 25%
Silver Bells – 20%
Hells Bells by AC/DC – 11%
Frosty the Snowman – 5%

Overall, holiday music makes you feel:
Full of Good Cheer – 38%
Cozy – 24%
Merry – 17%
Eggnoggy – 14%
Jolly – 7%

What song is most likely to make you book tickets home for Christmas?
I’ll Be Home for Christmas – 65%
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – 22%
Orinoco Flow (Enya) – 8%
Wonderful Christmastime – 5%

What song would you most like to hear while being kissed under Mistletoe?
All I Want for Christmas is You – 45%
Santa Baby – 35%
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – 11%
A Holly Jolly Christmas – 9%

What song would send you running out of the mall store the quickest?

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth – 42%
Anything sung by a Chipmunk – 40%
Anything sung by a Muppet – 18%

– The Pandora Crew

Comments

1. Patricia
    May 11, 2011 at 10:05pm
    Hi praise the lord, this pandora radio station is a blessing to me and others like who love the lord with all their heart, again I would like to commend you all who have their part in the pandora,may God continue to bless you all in Jesus name Amen.
  2. Kim
    May 13, 2011 at 7:02pm
    What is going on with Pandora? The last few times I have listened, there have been major delays in the music, never happened before. I love Pandora, don't go wrong on me!!!!
  3. john thomas
    May 13, 2011 at 9:10pm
    Love it and Thank You You made it right could not help it ozark mountian daredevils
  4. kevin
    May 15, 2011 at 12:55am
    it's really great music. makes my day ! thanx.
  5. Jose Alba
    May 16, 2011 at 8:41am
    Great information!
  6. sarah
    May 16, 2011 at 6:01pm
    This is a great idea, I love listening to Pandora, but you guys should add some more youtube-based artists (Charlie McDonnell, Eddplant, Ministry of Magic...)
  7. meagan
    May 17, 2011 at 7:54am
    i love pandora music but every time i click next it pops up a commercial it gets annoying. and also . "you have reached songs you can turn" um! if its the music i want i should be able to change it. -thanks
  8. Maggie
    May 18, 2011 at 6:14pm
    PANDORA KICKS TOTAL BUTT. love everything about it.
  9. margaret
    May 23, 2011 at 9:18am
    thanks! so much for pandora music. its wonderful to hear all te old songs again. i love it. thanks again!
  10. Shawn
    May 24, 2011 at 5:15pm
    Pandora got very gay, why do you have to pause so long between songs now? Why do you advertise? I am not using Pandora again because you guys went corperate on us. Internet Radio should be free from audio adds, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!