Year after year, we are consistently blown away by the popularity of Holiday music on Pandora. This year we thought it would be fun to survey some of our users to get their perspective on Holiday music and we found that just as we suspected, they certainly do have a sense of humor!

Check out the questions and results, below. We are sure you will be feeling full of good cheer (and maybe even “Eggnoggy”) by the time you’re finished reading…
Happy Holidays and Happy Listening!

Where do you most like hearing holiday music?
At home in front of a fire – 53%
In the car – 17%
In the mall – 14%
Outside, Christmas tree shopping – 12%
While shopping for gifts online – 4%

What holiday song are you most likely to sing along to?
It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas – 39%
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – 25%
Silver Bells – 20%
Hells Bells by AC/DC – 11%
Frosty the Snowman – 5%

Overall, holiday music makes you feel:
Full of Good Cheer – 38%
Cozy – 24%
Merry – 17%
Eggnoggy – 14%
Jolly – 7%

What song is most likely to make you book tickets home for Christmas?
I’ll Be Home for Christmas – 65%
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – 22%
Orinoco Flow (Enya) – 8%
Wonderful Christmastime – 5%

What song would you most like to hear while being kissed under Mistletoe?
All I Want for Christmas is You – 45%
Santa Baby – 35%
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – 11%
A Holly Jolly Christmas – 9%

What song would send you running out of the mall store the quickest?

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth – 42%
Anything sung by a Chipmunk – 40%
Anything sung by a Muppet – 18%

– The Pandora Crew

Comments

1. SonDan
    December 15, 2010 at 9:57am
    I have been listening to the Pandora Holiday stream at work and it really makes the day go by faster! I even finally signed up for Pandora One so that I can listen "Commercial Free." Thanks Pandora
  2. Dale Phillips
    December 15, 2010 at 3:43pm
    Holiday music? To which holiday are you referring? You should refer to it by name.
  3. Elisa Stone
    December 16, 2010 at 2:10pm
    I love the variety that the Christmas music station offers. The satellite radio stations get a bit predictable and stale, but not Pandora! Where else can you hear Frank Sinatra followed by the Muppets? Love it!!!!
  4. Blah
    December 17, 2010 at 6:41pm
    All I want for Christmas is a version of Pandora on Android that doesn't ask for my contact and calendar data. Is that too much to ask for?
  5. Michael McNulty
    December 18, 2010 at 3:06pm
    From the Wall Street Journal: "Both the Android and iPhone versions of Pandora, a popular music app, sent age, gender, location and phone identifiers to various ad networks." I've just cancelled by patricipation with this business.
  6. Eric Hernandez
    December 18, 2010 at 3:48pm
    I moved to Ukraine). So I can't use Pandora(.
  7. Stefan
    December 18, 2010 at 10:04pm
    I had an idea, i couldn't find any other area to post this! You all should come up with a "pandora Alarm clock" like.. I could set the time on the online pandora, and it would trigger my station to go off on full volume to wake me up!
  8. Jerome
    December 18, 2010 at 10:50pm
    Its the best music ever
  9. Ann
    December 19, 2010 at 10:56am
    Hi there - Just figured out that Pandora isn't just an i-pod app, but that I can get it on my laptop as well - Yeehaw! What joy is mine. Ya'll are right up there on my list of favorite things. P.S. anything sung by a chipmunk makes me want to run too :-) Merry Christmas Folks!!!
  10. mike rodriguez
    December 19, 2010 at 4:48pm
    Pandora rocks like crazy. Thank u for some great tunes. Hit up my email if a parttime job comes to cleveland. Peace out!