Just a few years ago, Jason Derulo stopped by our offices to celebrate receiving the 10 billionth thumb on Pandora. Today, I am proud to share that we have passed 50 billion thumbs. 50 billion. That’s roughly seven thumbs for every person on Earth.

As milestones go, this one is particularly meaningful. Our entire mission is to give listeners the ability to personalize their experience. Thumbs give each listener the power to make Pandora personal to them. Every thumb up and thumb down has not only made your stations better, but helped us make better song choices for every listener. This is a serious group effort – so, thanks!

As you can imagine, it took a lot of songs to hit 50 billion thumbs. While we can’t share every single one, we did want to highlight some of the more momentous thumb recipients along the way.

FINAL_Milestones 50B thumbs no header

We didn’t stop there. Check out the image below to see what songs are the most thumbed up all time to which states have the most active thumbers. What are your thumb habits? Have you thumbed up one of the songs on the list? Who’s your most thumbed-up artist?

849_50B_Thumbs_Infographic_ANZ

Editor’s note: Want to see how many Thumbs Up each of the Top 10 received? Head on over to BuzzFeed for more.

Comments

1. Ronald Naeve
    January 30, 2015 at 7:57pm
    I have a problem with your new web site. I have been using your web site for over ten years, been downloading to my Sansa SanDisk MP3 plan, been playing songs off my MP3 player and Rhapsody has allowed me to update the songs downloaded as I go along - but - since you updated your web site I can no longer figure out how to update my Sansa SanDisk MP3 player to play the 1000's of songs, albums I treasure. Nor can I download to my SanDisk MicroMate to play on my CCrane SENTA Ally. I hope you can help me so I can continue using Rhapsody as my main music system. Please Respond so I don't have to go to another music system & end my ten year relationship with Rhapsody. How can You help me solve my problem? Please help!
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 03, 2015 at 8:48am
      Hi Ronald - Sorry for any confusion. We are Pandora Internet Radio. You may want to contact Rhapsody for assistance here: https://help.rhapsody.com/home -Kim
  2. Donna byrd
    January 30, 2015 at 8:51pm
    I love Pandora, thanks for doing such a wonderful job at making your listener's happy.
  3. Susan Glenn
    January 30, 2015 at 9:34pm
    Is there a way I can get these 10 songs on 1 program or do I need to look them up 1 by1 ? Also great work you guys :) Susan
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 02, 2015 at 3:58pm
      Hi Susan! I apologize, but I'm not quite sure I understood your question. Could you email us? We'd be happy to help once we get some clarification! http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  4. Wanda Bonner
    January 30, 2015 at 10:29pm
    How safe is it to put my drbit card # to upgrade my Pandora account
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 03, 2015 at 8:46am
      Hi Wanda - We encrypt all parts of the page that is used to submit any billing information, so your info remains secure when signing up for Pandora One. Another option you have is to use PayPal for your subscription. If you'd like assistance or would like more information about security, please email us: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  5. Barbara Hayes
    January 31, 2015 at 5:13am
    I love Pandora I have it on my phone n iPad thanks for making life more wonderful I love my (especially ) oldies
  6. Brenda Briscoe
    January 31, 2015 at 7:02am
    I love my Pandora, thanks 10 thumbs up!
  7. Laina Hersch
    January 31, 2015 at 7:06am
    I'm a Baby Boomer and love the oldies of RandB I'm not sure how Pandora really works If anyone can help me or show me how it works Please Help
  8. Drusilla Garrett
    January 31, 2015 at 8:24am
    Its the same congratulations the
  9. Sabrina
    February 01, 2015 at 1:11am
    I really love Pandora, but apparently Pandora doesn't exist in the app store for my iPod anymore. I deleted it thinking that it would go back to normal when i got it again because pandora updated itself. What can I do to get Pandora back, without the new update?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 01, 2015 at 8:10am
      Hi Sabrina! Could you email us with what iOS version you are currently using on your iPod? We'd be happy to help once we get more info: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  10. Shirley Scott
    February 01, 2015 at 3:44pm
    I cannot get my pandora in my bedroom with my mini genie. Help. The genie reveiver plays music.
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 02, 2015 at 3:53pm
      Hi Shirley. Please email our support team directly for assistance: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )