Imagine thumbing up a song from your favorite artist and moments later finding yourself face to face with them for a private concert. Sounds impossible, right? Well this is exactly what just happened for some Pandora listeners.

At Pandora, we constantly strive to create magic moments for our listeners by connecting them to the right music at the right time.  Today, we want to share a new Pandora program that takes this connection to the next level.  Within moments of thumbing up a song, we are surprising a few listeners by literally connecting them to the artist for a totally live, one-on-one concert via video chat.

Within the walls of Pandora, I have to admit that we are pretty excited about creating these instant and intimate connections that we are calling “Thumb Moments.” Apart from the fact that no one has ever done this before, seeing fans connecting live with their favorite artist really is an emotional experience – for both the listener and the artist.

We kicked-off the program with Lindsey Stirling to give her fans a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Immediately after thumbing up one of Lindsey’s songs, eight of her listeners were connected viaimage FaceTime for a personal chat and an intimate, private concert.  Taking it even further, they were able to control the lights with hand motions during her performance. But rather than explain what we did, I think it makes more sense to show you.

We are busy planning more Thumb Moments for unsuspecting listeners as we speak, so stay tuned.  If you could design your own Thumb Moment, what would it be?  Let us know using #ThumbMoments.

Comments

1. Emma
    February 01, 2016 at 6:27pm
    Can you guys do Meghan Trainor? She is my number 1 idol(after Taylor swift) Thanks! #Thumbmoments
  2. Consumer Engagement Trends and Truths: February Signature Luncheon Recap | Marketing Tapas
    February 26, 2016 at 2:43pm
    […] leveraging the passion point of music, Pandora created their “Thumb Moments” campaign. We watched the clip featuring Nick Jonas surprising fans with one-on-one concerts. […]
  3. Pandora Radio: Marketing Trends, Truths, and Mastering Engagement | steffan pedersen
    February 26, 2016 at 4:00pm
    […] leveraging the passion point of music, Pandora created their “Thumb Moments” campaign. We watched the clip featuring Nick Jonas surprising fans with one-on-one concerts, […]
  4. camy
    March 15, 2016 at 1:59am
    Shawn Mendes is someone I constantly listen to and enjoy, I feel like him and Imagine Dragons would both be great company and a highlight of anyone's day as a personal performance. I know it would be for me.
  5. Kelsey
    March 30, 2016 at 5:42pm
    Please do Melanie Martinez!!! I would be so happy!!!
  6. croy123
    April 25, 2016 at 2:08pm
    I totally agree with Melanie Martinez. I would also love to see Halsey and maybe you could throw in some Panic! At The Disco. I know I love them.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )