Today we launched Thumbprint Radio – a hyper-personalized station for each listener. As the name implies, each station is based off of your thumbs – every thumb up you have provided throughout the time you have listened on Pandora has helped create your individual Thumbprint Radio station. This is a living, breathing station that will continue to change as you listen – each time you thumb up a track on Pandora, your station will update and evolve.

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_StationList

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_StationDetails

For those who haven’t yet added their station, here’s an overview of what you will experience. (If you haven’t, click here to get yours now.) This is not just your thumbs up on shuffle. While you rediscover all of your favorites (songs you thumbed up 10 minutes to 10 years ago) we will continue to add in new songs that we think you will love. Simply tune in and listen up – our musicologists have made sure you will be guided seamlessly through all of the genres you have thumbed up, no matter how varied they are.

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_NowPlayingThese stations are perfect for sharing because they are such a unique reflection of your own musical taste. We have made sharing your Thumbprint Radio station easy. Once shared, your station will dynamically update for your friends as you thumb, so no going back to the old days when you had to update a playlist every time you unearth a new favorite song.

One final note – because these stations are based on your thumbs up (and we want to make sure you have the best listening experience possible) your Thumbprint Radio station will be made available once you have at least three stations with four thumbs on each. The more you thumb, the better your station will get. So, whether you are new to thumbing or have already logged thousands, we look forward to hearing what you think.

Chris Phillips, Chief Product Officer

Comments

1. Barry Mitchell
    September 23, 2016 at 2:40pm
    I have 4 stations with lot of thumbs up on each. Why do I keep hearing the same song each time I listen to Thumbprint radio. It is now getting so I am getting sick of at least one of my favorite artists.
  2. Genie McBurnett
    September 25, 2016 at 6:18pm
    I have just discovered Thumbprint Radio and absolutely love it. Each piece that comes on has me smiling and humming and even -- to my cat's bewilderment-- dancing a bit! Thank you!
  3. James Conrad
    October 04, 2016 at 12:56pm
    Thanks. This sounds like a great idea!
  4. Jim Enos
    October 05, 2016 at 11:18am
    How do I give this idea a thumbs up! I like it!
  5. Diana Rentchler
    October 05, 2016 at 9:10pm
    Love it! Can't stop listening. Thanks.
  6. Lazar Levy
    October 13, 2016 at 3:06pm
    thank- you so much, it,s the best. Someone actually listening to me. You already know I am listening to you.
  7. jeff palon
    October 17, 2016 at 9:14am
    suggestion: show the 'thumbs up' (on thumbprint radio)for the tracks we have already thumbs upped. Then when we see one without thumbs up we know it is new and can give it a thumbs up too.
  8. Craig VB
    October 20, 2016 at 8:40am
    Does thumbs up while listening to Pandora on shuffle add to the thumbnail radio playlist?
  9. Candy
    October 23, 2016 at 7:52am
    Wow! I turned on Pandora on our TV like I always do on the weekends to listen to one of my fav stations (I have around20) and Thumbprint caught my eye. I asked my husband if he had made a new station and he said no. Immediately clicked on it and one of my most favorite songs came on, then another and another and another. It was so weird....immediately Googled Thumbprint radio and then I understood- what a super idea- thank you so much- the beginning of AI (artificial intelligence)
  10. Colleen
    October 26, 2016 at 10:14pm
    Ditto what Candy said. I saw the new station pop up in my list so I was curious and hit play. OMG. It's the soundtrack to my entire life. Genius. Addictive. And a tad bit creepy. Thank you, Pandora for always pushing the envelop!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )