Today we launched Thumbprint Radio – a hyper-personalized station for each listener. As the name implies, each station is based off of your thumbs – every thumb up you have provided throughout the time you have listened on Pandora has helped create your individual Thumbprint Radio station. This is a living, breathing station that will continue to change as you listen – each time you thumb up a track on Pandora, your station will update and evolve.

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_StationList

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_StationDetails

For those who haven’t yet added their station, here’s an overview of what you will experience. (If you haven’t, click here to get yours now.) This is not just your thumbs up on shuffle. While you rediscover all of your favorites (songs you thumbed up 10 minutes to 10 years ago) we will continue to add in new songs that we think you will love. Simply tune in and listen up – our musicologists have made sure you will be guided seamlessly through all of the genres you have thumbed up, no matter how varied they are.

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_NowPlayingThese stations are perfect for sharing because they are such a unique reflection of your own musical taste. We have made sharing your Thumbprint Radio station easy. Once shared, your station will dynamically update for your friends as you thumb, so no going back to the old days when you had to update a playlist every time you unearth a new favorite song.

One final note – because these stations are based on your thumbs up (and we want to make sure you have the best listening experience possible) your Thumbprint Radio station will be made available once you have at least three stations with four thumbs on each. The more you thumb, the better your station will get. So, whether you are new to thumbing or have already logged thousands, we look forward to hearing what you think.

Chris Phillips, Chief Product Officer

Comments

1. eric pro
    September 04, 2016 at 10:37am
    the ultimate station!
  2. 1personal
    September 04, 2016 at 8:49pm
    Thumbprint still has a lot of wrinkles to be ironed out. When I used it last, it played two selections each based on two of my stations, and then only Bollywood-based. I have only one Bollywood station, and many other stations that aren't being accessed by Thumbprint. I don't really see the value of Thumbprint when shuffle is practically the same, especially since I have well-established stations based on my likes and dislikes already.
  3. jill
    September 16, 2016 at 7:00am
    love it! :)
  4. Holly
    September 23, 2016 at 12:11pm
    I enjoy Thumbprint Radio--but only sometimes. Can you please add a setting to opt in or opt out of Thumbprint as the default station upon start-up?
  5. Barry Mitchell
    September 23, 2016 at 2:40pm
    I have 4 stations with lot of thumbs up on each. Why do I keep hearing the same song each time I listen to Thumbprint radio. It is now getting so I am getting sick of at least one of my favorite artists.
  6. Genie McBurnett
    September 25, 2016 at 6:18pm
    I have just discovered Thumbprint Radio and absolutely love it. Each piece that comes on has me smiling and humming and even -- to my cat's bewilderment-- dancing a bit! Thank you!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )