Today we launched Thumbprint Radio – a hyper-personalized station for each listener. As the name implies, each station is based off of your thumbs – every thumb up you have provided throughout the time you have listened on Pandora has helped create your individual Thumbprint Radio station. This is a living, breathing station that will continue to change as you listen – each time you thumb up a track on Pandora, your station will update and evolve.

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_StationList

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_StationDetails

For those who haven’t yet added their station, here’s an overview of what you will experience. (If you haven’t, click here to get yours now.) This is not just your thumbs up on shuffle. While you rediscover all of your favorites (songs you thumbed up 10 minutes to 10 years ago) we will continue to add in new songs that we think you will love. Simply tune in and listen up – our musicologists have made sure you will be guided seamlessly through all of the genres you have thumbed up, no matter how varied they are.

1834_TPR_Android_Screenshots_NowPlayingThese stations are perfect for sharing because they are such a unique reflection of your own musical taste. We have made sharing your Thumbprint Radio station easy. Once shared, your station will dynamically update for your friends as you thumb, so no going back to the old days when you had to update a playlist every time you unearth a new favorite song.

One final note – because these stations are based on your thumbs up (and we want to make sure you have the best listening experience possible) your Thumbprint Radio station will be made available once you have at least three stations with four thumbs on each. The more you thumb, the better your station will get. So, whether you are new to thumbing or have already logged thousands, we look forward to hearing what you think.

Chris Phillips, Chief Product Officer

Comments

1. boundtogetherforgoodblogspot
    July 19, 2016 at 7:20am
    How is this any different from simply doing a shuffle if all of my stations unless it doesn't add in new music and only plays fit me songs that I have previously liked at some point? Do I skew it if I thumbs-up songs on Thumbprint?
    1. ERB
      July 21, 2016 at 7:39am
      It does add in new music and it adds songs you have already thumbed down on other stations. Many commentators, including me, tend to like Shuffle better as you can decide which stations to play from. I go back and forth with whether I like Thumbprint. This week, I am trying to clean up some of my stations -- do more thumbs down. I am hoping that this will help Thumbprint play more songs I like then ones I don't. I think Thumbprint can be improved, if Pandora so desires. One thought is not to limit playing the artist the station is named after when playing from that station on Thumbprint. I recently listen to Paul Simon station and it played more Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, and Paul McCartney then it did Paul Simon. Okay for rounding out the Paul Simon Station but for Thumbprint play more Paul Simon! (Just one example.)
  2. Brad
    July 21, 2016 at 4:40pm
    My experience with thumbprint radio has been a disaster, Nothing I listen to can possibly prompt so many tracks by 21 Pilots which seem to pop up faster than I can thumbs down them away. We need a blacklist artist button.
  3. Thumbprint is thumbsdown
    July 28, 2016 at 1:07pm
    I have 32 stations and 600 thumbs-up songs from a ton of different bands with different styles, yet thumbprint radio has decided to play songs from 5-6 bands over and over again. The shuffle feature works much better than this station. Please make some changes. For people that have a very large amount of thumbs-up songs it would make more sense if the station followed those thumbs-up songs more closely.
  4. Shane
    August 03, 2016 at 11:24am
    I've deleted the Thumbprint station that Pandora's set up for me twice now. Keep it off my account! If I wanted to listen to a variety of musical genres, I'd put Pandora on shuffle or turn on public radio! It's extremely annoying to have to keep deleting items I'm not interested in!!
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 05, 2016 at 3:32pm
      Sorry to hear this, Shane. It shouldn't keep re-adding itself to your station list - email our support team for some help: pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  5. Chris Pullen
    August 03, 2016 at 6:10pm
    A band I manage recently went live. To our surprise it seems our hidden track, a piano instrumental, was used in the AMP. This song was a polar opposite to the style of SpaceWords and now we are matched accordingly. I experimented and eventually began to get songs in the ball park range by using the thumbs up/down, however when I asked a friend to open the station it started all over their account. If this will be the norm for every user, then it will greatly diminish their willingness to stay on the station. Please note that the song in question was not provided in the submission. We submitted the 2 most popular from the album. Can this be re-ran in the AMP using any other song but the hidden oddity? What would you do to resolve this? I have been in touch with the help support, but hoping this may provide better feedback for a solution.
  6. TJ
    August 04, 2016 at 11:04am
    I would prefer that the Thumbprint station be only my 👍🏻 thumbed up songs. If I want suggestions from Pandora I will go into my regular stations & 👍🏻👎🏻 as I listen through. Was hoping the Thumbprint station would be a playlist of my favorite songs (have been wanting this ever since I joined Pandora).
  7. Chico Escuela
    August 11, 2016 at 10:34am
    I think the Thumbprint station is pretty cool and a lot better than simply shuffling the stations!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )