In the past few months, we’ve launched two new listener-requested features on mobile that have received overwhelmingly positive responses: our Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock.  Today I’m happy to share that we released version 5.2 for Android, allowing listeners to fall asleep and wake up to their favorite Pandora music on their Android tablets in addition to their smartphones.

Just like on Android smartphones, the functionality of Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock will work the same across tablets (including Kindle Fire) that have updated to the latest version of the Pandora app.  You can find the Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock options in your settings drawer, located in the upper right corner of your Pandora app screen.

Settings w Alarm Sleep Timer

To set your sleep timer, simply choose the station that you’d like to fall asleep to and set your countdown time from 15, 30 or 60 minutes.  Your music will automatically turn off once this time expires.

To set your alarm clock, adjust to your desired wake up time and snooze times, and pick the station you’d like to wake up to.  Just be sure you turn your alarm “ON” to activate it.

Alarm Stop Snooze

If you’re like me and like to keep listening after your Alarm Clock goes off in the morning (much to my sleeping wife’s dismay), simply tap the song or artist name at the bottom of the Alarm Clock screen, and it will turn off your alarm and take you to the “Now Playing” screen.  If you stop your alarm, your music will pause – just press play to begin streaming your music again.

The best part is that you can use the Sleep Timer in conjunction with the Alarm Clock, allowing you to fall asleep and wake up to the tune of your favorite Pandora stations.   All you have to do is set the alarm before or after you set your Sleep Timer.

Stay tuned for future feature updates, and in the meantime, Sweet (Musical) Dreams!

Comments

1. James Childress
    March 05, 2014 at 4:00pm
    This is a nice feature, however, can you please get rid of the pop up screen informing of this new feature that I have to click through everytime before I can run the Pandora app? Notifications like this should be a click once and never see it again.
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 07, 2014 at 1:57pm
      @JamesChildress Try this: http://pdora.co/androidpandora. After closing the notification once more, you shouldn't see it again. -Alyssa
  2. Peter Malcolm
    March 05, 2014 at 5:07pm
    Great improvement I look forward to having the positive 5.2 version ,I stopped listing at night because of falling off to sleep. Regards Pete Malcolm malcolmpete@aol.com >
  3. mike
    March 06, 2014 at 6:22pm
    I did not get a alarm clock and sleep timer
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 07, 2014 at 1:58pm
      @Mike Check for an app update. If are still unable to locate it, email our Support Team here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  4. mageofthesands
    March 08, 2014 at 5:49pm
    I've been waiting for this function for the Pandora One desktop application for years. Will the desktop application ever be updated? It doesn't seem like it has.
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 18, 2014 at 3:50pm
      @Mageofthesands I've noted your request. Thanks for your patience. -Alyssa
  5. amarionasmith
    March 10, 2014 at 11:40am
    I want it how to get it
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 18, 2014 at 3:51pm
      @Amarionasmith Reach out to our Listener Support Team for instructions here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  6. Stephen Loves Jingles
    March 14, 2014 at 6:34pm
    I've always enjoyed having a bit of white noise to fall asleep to and naturally I have become a real fan of features like this. I'll admit that I have not tested Pandora's sleep timer out yet, but I am sure that it will be something that I enjoy.
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 18, 2014 at 4:00pm
      @StephenLovesJingles Hope you're enjoying it! -Alyssa
  7. Fred Mustain
    March 17, 2014 at 2:31pm
    I paid for Pandora one but my phone is still playing the regular Pandora with all the adds ?
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 18, 2014 at 4:01pm
      @FredMustain Shoot an email to our Listener Advocates. They can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  8. Pamela Zeller
    March 24, 2014 at 11:21am
    Please stop the commercials . I have updated 3 x ! It won't stop! I thought once you updated it would stop. It's been going on for 3 weeks now! What is going on. It's soooo annoying!
  9. jesse barnes
    March 29, 2014 at 8:51pm
    This has got to be the stupidest feature i have seen you guys add to pandora yet, and i have been here since day one! Stop wasting time on do-dads and up your sound quality already! Seriously... do you guys not ever listen to your competitors? On a high-end system Pandora sounds like a terrible 1999 MP3 that i downloaded from scour.net over dialup! PLEASE!
  10. Maria saucedo
    November 06, 2014 at 8:02pm
    I love Pandora

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )