When the original iPhone launched in 2007, we knew we had to be available on it on day one. Additionally, when the iPad launched in 2010, Pandora was there on the first day you could pick one up. That’s why we are incredibly excited to announce that Pandora for Apple Watch will be available as soon as you can buy the Watch and put it on your wrist on April 24, 2015. The Apple Watch represents another opportunity for Pandora to be available anytime and anywhere to our more than 81.5 million monthly users in order to deliver the most personalized music experience ever while also making discovery as effortless as possible.

01_now-playing_apple-watch

When using Pandora on the Apple Watch, you can start listening to your favorite tracks quickly and can view what tracks are playing at a glance. For example, as you are listening to Pandora via your iPhone when going for a run, you can now simply glance at the “Now Playing” screen on the Watch in order to find out the name of the artist that you just discovered. The glance feature is another example of the importance of providing a simple and intuitive experience that you all have come to expect from Pandora. Lastly, you can also easily access new music notifications and control the volume without pulling out your phone, which means you can get to your music as fast as possible.

02_station-list_apple-watch

We are always on the lookout for the devices that are going to be immensely popular, and we feel that the Apple Watch marks another occasion to provide the best lean-back music experience.  We also recognize that many of you use multiple devices when listening to Pandora (from TV’s to Game Consoles to Connected Speakers), and the launch of Pandora on Apple Watch is another example of our commitment to being available whenever and wherever you want to listen to your favorite music.

We look forward to learning more about the wearables space from our launch on Apple Watch and will continue to explore how we can develop meaningful and truly seamless listening experiences on new devices and technologies.

– Chris Martin, Chief Technology Officer

Comments

1. Jay Castro (@jayciro)
    April 08, 2015 at 10:29am
    Awesome, I can't wait to try it out. I've crashed twice changing the audio/song on my phone while riding my bike LOL. Hopefully those days are in the past. LOL
    1. shankara
      April 25, 2015 at 11:37am
      I here ya bro
  2. Mark Evans
    April 08, 2015 at 1:14pm
    Love Pandora. I decided that the watch now becomes an asset to my lifestyle.
  3. Leslie Stockton
    April 08, 2015 at 2:08pm
    so cool :)
  4. Justin
    April 26, 2015 at 9:36pm
    What about Android wear? It's really disappointing how Pandora maintains a such a strong bias towards iOS.
  5. zack
    May 04, 2015 at 9:40am
    will we be able to use the apple watches speakers instead of the iPhones?
  6. Jason
    May 19, 2015 at 11:41am
    Would love to be able to stream Pandora through the bluetooth headphones connected to my Apple Watch. To listen now, I have to pair the headphones with my iPhone (they were associated with my watch), then listen that way. Would be great to just stream through the phone like the native music app does.
    1. Vincent
      July 10, 2015 at 1:14pm
      yes, listening through the watch is important. That would allow you to answer the phone on the watch while listening to pandora. Otherwise you have to take off the headphones and pickup the handset to hear your call.
  7. Jeff
    August 07, 2015 at 10:05pm
    WTH! There are so many android wearable you are ignoring. I've used pandora for over a decade and will stop now and switch to Milk since I can use it on my android wearable. Thanks for ignoring the masses.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )